|Leader||Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen|
The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.582 billion Iodinians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elaburg. The average income tax rate is 94.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Iodinian economy, worth 357 trillion ionics a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 138,574 ionics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Parents are shocked to find out that having kids costs money, a performance of the hit musical "Mamma Tua" has been delayed after squatters were found sleeping in the orchestra pit, farmers have taken to hunting billionaires who encroach on their land, and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iodinia's national animal is the grey seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, farmers have taken to hunting billionaires who encroach on their land.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, a performance of the hit musical "Mamma Tua" has been delayed after squatters were found sleeping in the orchestra pit.
- : Iodinia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, parents are shocked to find out that having kids costs money.
- : Iodinia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, for the sake of 'public interest' news programs tell viewers how to home-make Sarin gas bombs.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the NHS is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle.
- : Iodinia endorsed The Federation of Ephem.
Endorsements Received: 67 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Am Echad, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Axdel, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wersh, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kampf Empire, Roliganistan, Liberstankonia, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, United China Nation, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Matdor, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Goodnamesarerare, Swiftwhiskers, Cameronia Excellentia, Ridann, Servants of Gizmo, Wiranath, Osterreich und Ungarn, Evrigenis, Kalaratri, Rainbow Vests, Talitoa, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Fellon, Tretrid, Waldenes, Ripsylvania, Lingu, The Eternal Land of Jong, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, and 17 others.Rohanland, SecularNorth, Tseriesiscoming, TM-Jesselton, Imprisoned Freeman, BuciLand, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, BTProductions, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Coruh, Blobbo, and Ephem.