The Federation of West Elyria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Joe Mama with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.522 billion Potato Heads are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chicago. The average income tax rate is 78.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient West Elyrian economy, worth 201 trillion Guineas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 132,531 Guineas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, government ministers sport new billboards that read 'Will Trade Votes for Private Members' Bill Support', and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. West Elyria's national animal is the Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Joe Mamaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in West Elyria, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : West Elyria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Following new legislation in West Elyria, government ministers sport new billboards that read 'Will Trade Votes for Private Members' Bill Support'.
- : Following new legislation in West Elyria, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in West Elyria, athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society.
- : Following new legislation in West Elyria, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in West Elyria, polling place volunteers are suddenly opening a huge number of offshore bank accounts.
- : West Elyria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : Following new legislation in West Elyria, faithful allies are always valued.
- : Following new legislation in West Elyria, you can please all of the people some of the time if you don't mind getting nothing done most of the time.
Endorsements Received: 56 » A mean old man, Albrook, Debluu, Aivintis, New Leganes, East Malaysia, Marrabuk, Asendavia, VW53Aland, Axdel, Auslivia, Dragons Blood, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Hizuru, Republic of Restaks, Plazland, Rhealaliit, Brotherland, Wiranath, Arcadiam, Layngderfleethe, Fanderia, Enlil, Land of Corporations, Perah, Freedom Fascists, Empire of Dabiristan, Romanoddle Republic, The Three States of Fortuna, Evrigenis, From New World, Risany Tripsonia, Rikos Isles, Mardom, Thurland, Nevertopia, Kingdom of Hapsteld, Bogliqia, Sandboxford, Tassirion, The Marlands, Russian Social Federation, Merlovich, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Nociav, Kalaratri, Frankinstan, Modra, Isole Ionie, Karog, and 6 others.Zohaib, Piggy Piggy The Piggy, Atlantis of the Sands, Turkey Creek, Agave, and Ridann.