The Free Republic of Amabilis is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Maybelle with an iron fist, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, smutty television, and flagrant waste-dumping. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 5.223 billion Maybellites are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maybellegrad. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Amabilisian economy, worth a remarkable 1,018 trillion lebiams a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 194,915 lebiams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Soup kitchens are the only things doing roaring business, police officers ride the swiftest eagles, government policies change at the drop of a rabbit, and increasing inclusiveness is a sign of the times. Crime is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Amabilis's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Nashrelig.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Amabilis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens, Largest Gambling Industry, and Highest Crime Rates and the Top 5% for Most Armed and Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, increasing inclusiveness is a sign of the times.
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, government policies change at the drop of a rabbit.
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, police officers ride the swiftest eagles.
- : Amabilis endorsed The Islamic Republic of Empire of Dabiristan.
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, soup kitchens are the only things doing roaring business.
- : Amabilis was endorsed by The Islamic Republic of Empire of Dabiristan.
- : Amabilis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, auditors are gutting every governmental department.
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, Maybelle has incinerated the international climate treaty in a public coal-burning ceremony.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Axdel, VW53Aland, Kond Mex Ethostorgel, East Malaysia, Land of Corporations, A mean old man, Hizuru, Aivintis, New Leganes, The Marlands, Yomgo, Marrabuk, Kaldrbuth, Kingdom of Hapsteld, Isole Ionie, Estande, Shauvania, The 7th Coalition of Alba, Sandboxford, Plazland, Roissyland, Gernmark, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Neprutia, Evrigenis, New Sandsnionion, Chalan, Atlantis of the Sands, Brotherland, Santa Dystopia, Vaskeden, West Pangasinan, Ridann, Palladion State, United Citizens, NewImperia, Veterans Association, Ministarko, Republic of Restaks, Merlovich, Fellon, Zidium, and Empire of Dabiristan.