|Leader||Lyra the Gryphon of House Aetos|
The Western Guardian Emeritus of Arkadia Universalis is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Lyra the Gryphon of House Aetos with an iron fist, and renowned for its ritual sacrifices, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 6.345 billion Arkadians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albaharenum. The average income tax rate is 72.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Arkadian economy, worth 593 trillion Denarii a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 93,486 Denarii, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita, women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms, and RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arkadia Universalis's national animal is the Gryphon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Arkadian Pluralism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arkadia Universalis's influence in Osiris rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Arkadia Universalis rejected a request from Sapril for an embassy with Osiris.
- : Arkadia Universalis rejected a request from Battleship for an embassy with Osiris.
- : Arkadia Universalis rejected a request from The Wooloo Pact for an embassy with Osiris.
- : Arkadia Universalis rejected a request from RAMS for an embassy with Osiris.
- : Arkadia Universalis rejected a request from Netraucora for an embassy with Osiris.
- : Arkadia Universalis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Arkadia Universalis was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Arkadia Universalis was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Reign of Viscount.
- : Arkadia Universalis was endorsed by The Forest kingdom of The Ordangen union.