The Grand Duchy of Chareest is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.493 billion Chareestians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Chareestian economy, worth 562 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 75,028 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
International television adverts praise the nation as a worker's paradise, travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing, tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury, and the nation's black ops are starting to get on people's nerves. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chareest's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Le Tercere Republice Federal of Taigama.
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Dupanda.
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, the nation's black ops are starting to get on people's nerves.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, international television adverts praise the nation as a worker's paradise.
- : Chareest voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Chareest voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Tsunamy, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Isokenzar, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Sedunn, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Drugged Monkeys, Amerion, Mapico, Aidenfieeld, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Bawkie, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Ebonhand, Marinho Islands, Shefino, The Worst army of, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, Myness, Midand, Andinla, Concrete Slab, Tepertopia, Phanama, Nowa Europa, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Treir, Holota, Pencil Sharpeners 2, NIGHTRAY, Westenhald, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaleidescooptopia, Beblahbleblo, Holy Free, Danily, New Sanet, Anatasha, and 43 others.Drystar, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Saciu, Yaravia, Drew Durrnil, The naked people, Darakin, Arvan Irawer, Gonrati, Immund, Cereskia 2, Ambirich, Arscanesia, The Haughtherlands, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Drvonia, Ragabania, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Castraebar, A Place Somewhere, Donat Invadia, Flumenvallis, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, Leimarite Empire, Zataras, Great Lothian, Ostavaria, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, The republic of Konsa, Martiland, Tyrantistica, Eae, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Driodal, Dupanda, and Taigama.