|Leader||Vara the Horreinous|
|Faith||The Big Book of Questions|
The Clamoring Voices of Varanius is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Vara the Horreinous with an even hand, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 5.87 billion Newborns are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zygotia. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Newly Born economy, worth 931 trillion Inflated Cards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 158,640 Inflated Cards, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, and election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Varanius's national animal is the Jarlic Monstrosity, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Big Book of Questions.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Varanius, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll.
- : Following new legislation in Varanius, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Varanius changed its national motto to "Love let the doves cry out in the street!" and its nation type to "Clamoring Voices".
- : Varanius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Varanius, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Varanius relocated from The Rejected Realms to The West Pacific.
- : Varanius relocated from The West Pacific to The Rejected Realms.
- : Varanius was ejected from The West Pacific by The Lavender Delegate of Giovanniland.
- : Following new legislation in Varanius, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Varanius, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.