The Kingdom of Flandronia is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working population of 928 million Flandronians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gent. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 23.3%.
The powerhouse Flandronian economy, worth 70.3 trillion Flandrons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 75,767 Flandrons, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 221,951 per year while the poor average 20,402, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, and anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Flandronia's national animal is the Grey Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Flandronia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Vjeresland.
- : Flandronia was endorsed by The Republic of The Islamic Country of Honour.
- : Flandronia altered its national flag.
- : Flandronia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Cormactopia Prime".
- : Flandronia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Threetums.
- : Flandronia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Threetums.
- : Flandronia endorsed The Kingdom of Van Demons Land Tasmania.
- : Flandronia's influence in Thaecia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Flandronia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Van Demons Land Tasmania.
- : Flandronia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Andusre, Terentiland, Fishergate, Titanne, The Bigtopia, Lemonadia, Brototh, Giant Redwoods, Uppenja, Behniastan, Marvinville, Islonia, Rayekka, Saint Ryvern, World Trade, Pundungnagara, ASEAN Nations, Saint Alban Islands, Korsinia, Marie Byrd, Zanaana, Van Demons Land Tasmania, Threetums, and Vjeresland.