The Beauty Land of Bilsa is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Bolbon with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, aversion to nipples, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 10.48 billion Bists are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Environment, with Education, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Welfare and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cëcims. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bist economy, worth a remarkable 1,481 trillion Bists a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 141,398 Bists, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
People forget to eat because they are too busy singing Bolbon's praises, a plague of zealots has been unleashed on the streets of Cëcims, above Bilsa there is only sky and the fear of the unknown, and lumberjacks only use certified eco-friendly chainsaws. Crime is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Bilsa's national animal is the Bubu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sun.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bilsa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Bilsa, lumberjacks only use certified eco-friendly chainsaws.
- : Following new legislation in Bilsa, above Bilsa there is only sky and the fear of the unknown.
- : Bilsa was endorsed by The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Bilsa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Bilsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Bilsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Bilsa was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Palgo.
- : Bilsa was endorsed by The Republic of The World Wildlife Fund.
- : Bilsa lost the endorsement of The Republic of The World Wildlife Fund.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Turbeaux, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Appendia, Love and Nature, Ruinenlust, Lura, Feladria, Forgotten Beauty, Ransium, Canaltia, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Hyon Delta, Ordand, Ironic Remarks, Crowacia, Simbolon, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Dasche, Ordealius, Frieden-und Freudenland, Jutsa, East Skirsburg, The World Wildlife Fund, and Hoochlandia.