The Free Land of Zerphen is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its daily referendums, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 652 million Zerphenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 80.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Zerphenian economy, worth 63.3 trillion zecks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Average income is 97,141 zecks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky, and the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish. Crime is totally unknown. Zerphen's national animal is the not snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes.
- : Zerphen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Zerphen was endorsed by The Free Socialist People of The Commune of Meddle.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, selfie stick use is a required Scout badge.
- : Zerphen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Islati Scyia, Clania Miyal, Minahasa, Pertsjan, Albania 3, Bihastria, Absurd Land, Duravia, El Rift, Moqraine, Democratic Manceff, Mesopoto, Attempted Socialism, Doultrenia, Morabai, Andogeesia, Quigon, Medlidande, Rhedaria, Upcrus, Golinistan, Fairfax Soviet Republic, Ainares, Terranova-Serre, New Ordiel Kalibleland, Erythrava, Vamia Adzukind, Ruskiam, Anarcho Syndicalist Korea, Karlos, East Nazareth, Boscoism, The Mighty River, The Midwestern Union for Prosperity, Bernieland Republic, Suthseaxe, Bunkaiia, Darfaria, No Corona Here, Soberanos-Socialistas, Really marxism, BohemianRepublic, Greater Armenian state, German Proletarians, Choigzonion, Sovirizst, Carrico, MKAS, Meorlanorde, Ripuaria-Limburg, and 12 others.Rainsfield, Alphonsia, Red Sanguina, Tsaien, Nova Erie, Ontopia, International Socialist Union, The Anarchic Collective of Z, Lucian Victoria, UPRA, Sino-Terranesia, and The Commune of Meddle.