The Human-Grey Hybrid of Benevolent 1 is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Klaatu with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, ban on automobiles, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 11.834 billion Benevolents enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ellipsis. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Benevolent economy, worth 963 trillion Gorts a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 81,418 Gorts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, and the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Benevolent 1's national animal is the human-grey hybrid, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Gaianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Benevolent 1 changed its national leader to "Klaatu".
- : Benevolent 1 proposed constructing embassies between BENEVOLENT EMPIRE and Alliance of Democratic Nations.
- : Benevolent 1 was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Benevolent 1 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Benevolent 1, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics.
- : Following new legislation in Benevolent 1, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Following new legislation in Benevolent 1, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college.
- : Following new legislation in Benevolent 1, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Following new legislation in Benevolent 1, people wouldn't be seen dead without their guns.
- : Benevolent 1 voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Espeonica.