|Leader||Warchieftain Carolus Ironhorse|
The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Warchieftain Carolus Ironhorse with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, ritual sacrifices, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.974 billion Sawteeth are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Spirituality, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ephyra. The average income tax rate is 95.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Sawtooth economy, worth a remarkable 1,603 trillion Gallons a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 403,492 Gallons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls, practically perfect royal toddlers tend to say "regrettably not at this juncture" rather than "no", taking hostages is a great way to influence government policy, and workers can choose whether they prefer offices that smell of pungent body odor or whale vomit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Black Cathedral's national animal is the Gormling, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Blackened Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Black Cathedral's influence in Founderless rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : The Black Cathedral's influence in Founderless rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Black Cathedral's influence in Founderless rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Black Cathedral's influence in Founderless rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The Black Cathedral was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : The Black Cathedral's influence in Founderless rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The Black Cathedral's influence in Founderless rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Black Cathedral's influence in Founderless rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Black Cathedral's influence in Founderless rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : The Black Cathedral relocated from The North Pacific to Founderless.