|Capital||South of Heaven|
The Union of Soviet States of Slaytania is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Stalinovich with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, parental licensing program, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 15.883 billion Slaytanians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of South of Heaven. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Slaytanian economy, worth an astonishing 10,193 trillion Strummers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 641,770 Strummers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys, builders across Slaytania are blocked up with orders for new public loos, the nation's war memorials are being torn down and replaced with peace gardens, and foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slaytania's national animal is the House Giraffe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Stalinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slaytania was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Free Las Pinas.
- : Slaytania was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Following new legislation in Slaytania, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather.
- : Following new legislation in Slaytania, the nation's war memorials are being torn down and replaced with peace gardens.
- : Following new legislation in Slaytania, builders across Slaytania are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Slaytania, flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys.
- : Following new legislation in Slaytania, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Slaytania endorsed The Federation of Drewish.
- : Slaytania endorsed The Federal Republic of Isentran.
- : Slaytania was endorsed by The Federation of Drewish.
Endorsements Received: 110 » Tzo, Achiotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Seranis, Solleana, Coreras, Testa, Spncrgmn, Palman, Samonaemia, Zyrcrestia, Zeganas, Colonel Terrosit, Perzische Keizer, Better Indonesia, Seantonia, Kebecois, Anollasia, Karlando, Blogotopia, Serlone, Ferte, Dustwind, Finswedeway, Killettland, Creeptopia, Maalemzya, Wysrod, Echocrimsonia, Aspistania, New Fania, Nooooooooooooooo, Uprus, Kuriko, Zopciria, Ignis Cinere, Jimjam Goober, Free Land of Rebellium, Oyste, Evonidiche, Lamborghini Murcielago, Northern Nivaria, Ghiamonga, Libertaritaritaritaria, Grimmywelsh, Kaltovar, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Mittal Land, Canthos, and 60 others.Constantinolia, Elwana, Mystaaria, Yakkandiania, Valentian Elysium, Graemania, Old Tryst, Zuleit, Discotheque, Randopian, Airday, Blavorth, Jeelung, Vill Send, Johnne Green, Bumrum, Ao Kuang, The Republic of Osea, Ytvigshill, Chocolate Coookies, Streinct, Alen-roshh, Tsan Derch, Medetas, Galoamar, Snakeden, Xemja, Itic, Evertopia, Athontia, Harekoku, Ehrgeizig, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Solarampa, Zog Imperialis, Quwoe, The Capitalist States of Philashan, Free Land of Malopolska, Far New Zum, Teabagia, Lunador, Thinking Logically and Critically, Vivolkha, United North American Islands, AciaciaMont, Nogalacia, Armatha, Namakan, Point Comfort Colony, Kel Veran, Novegia, Miliarat, Liberdon, Islands of Czechia, Bailsland, New CHOP, Bortheria, Isentran, Drewish, and Free Las Pinas.