|Leader||Prime Minister John Stophoe|
The Social Democratic Dominion of Hopal is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister John Stophoe with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.942 billion Hopalians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hopton. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Hopalian economy, worth 437 trillion Currents a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is 88,498 Currents, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People boast about their low income on their dating profiles, there's nothing more rock-and-roll than absolute sobriety, military training involves more video games than push-ups, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hopal's national animal is the Elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hopal approved the World Assembly proposal "The Commission on Sentient and sapient rights".
- : Hopal approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Haku".
- : Hopal granted Border Control authority to The Powerhouse State of Fdryden and renamed the office from "Minister of the State of the Region" to "Minister of Security and the State of the Region" in Union of Democrats.
- : Hopal created a new poll in Union of Democrats: "Should we accept a merger proposal from The Orange Order?".
- : Hopal lodged a message on the Union of Democrats Regional Message Board.
- : Hopal endorsed The Khanate of Uruslan.
- : Hopal endorsed The Republic of Fandom Outpost 5.
- : Hopal endorsed The Colony of Klamytappi.
- : Hopal endorsed Chicken burger.
- : Hopal endorsed The United States of The Duck Army Squadron 5.