The Infection of Edgemaster is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Haruhi Suzumiya with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, flagrant waste-dumping, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 29.691 billion Burst Linkians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seireitei. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Burst Linkian economy, worth an astonishing 23,832 trillion Gils a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is a breathtaking 802,695 Gils, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 4,141,415 per year while the poor average 84,751, a ratio of 48.9 to 1.
Children usually cry on their first day of school, the government terminates employment with extreme prejudice, kids only know what plants are because they've seen them on the television, and Edgemaster is increasingly belligerent on the international stage. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Edgemaster's national animal is the Hollow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Haruhiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edgemaster was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Edgemaster endorsed The Jingoistic States of Charlie Kirkistan.
- : Edgemaster endorsed The Free Land of Greybrows Puppets.
- : Edgemaster endorsed The Gulag of Where Your Deadbeat Dad Lives.
- : Edgemaster was endorsed by The Free Land of Greybrows Puppets.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, Edgemaster is increasingly belligerent on the international stage.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, kids only know what plants are because they've seen them on the television.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, the government terminates employment with extreme prejudice.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, children usually cry on their first day of school.
- : Edgemaster was endorsed by The Jingoistic States of Charlie Kirkistan.