|Leader||Emperor Nathan IV and Empress Sophia|
The Empire of Ghant is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Nathan IV and Empress Sophia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 17.801 billion Ghantar hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ghish. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ghantish economy, worth a remarkable 4,467 trillion Ghantmarks a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 250,964 Ghantmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Ghantar refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns, ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames, and the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ghant's national animal is the Great Auk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ghant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Ghant voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Ghant's influence in Gholgoth fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Ghant's influence in Gholgoth rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Ghant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Ghant was endorsed by The Confederate States of Anagonia.
- : Ghant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens and Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Ghant, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Following new legislation in Ghant, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Following new legislation in Ghant, ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism.