|Capital||New Castelia City|
|Faith||The High Church of Castelia|
|Animal||Robo-Animal Line of Products®|
The Retropunk Eperopolis of Castelia is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Adalbert Corvinius with an iron fist, and renowned for its smutty television, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 6.429 billion Castelians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Castelia City. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Castelian economy, worth a remarkable 1,919 trillion Mordon®s a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 298,520 Mordon®s, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,203,074 per year while the poor average 49,505, a ratio of 24.3 to 1.
A signed affidavit from a prominent anti-corruption advocate declares that he is in fact a crook after all, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path, and the military is plagued with unethical researchers. Crime is totally unknown. Castelia's national animal is the Robo-Animal Line of Products®, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The High Church of Castelia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Castelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Castelia's influence in Azure Watester Federation fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Castelia's influence in Azure Watester Federation rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Castelia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Castelia endorsed The Free Land of Liberimarcat.
- : Castelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Castelia was endorsed by The Free Land of Liberimarcat.
- : Castelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Castelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Castelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
Endorsements Received: 17 » Kafair, Jamstown, Ukraniumstan, American Pere Housh, Goodawesomeness, The great Beaver, New Imperial Britannia, Best Rwanda, Rusliv, Kynor, The Ruby Ranch Republic, The Order of the Holy Inquisitors, Karelignia, New Tussia, Vlamms Statt, Winter Gulley, and Liberimarcat.