|Faith||The church of Borism|
The Kingdom of Bej is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Olegovich with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.184 billion Bejians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Environment and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beki. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Bejian economy, worth 619 trillion Bejis a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 283,553 Bejis, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,117,159 per year while the poor average 11,097, a ratio of 190 to 1.
Formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming, new urban roads are threatening city parks, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing, and women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bej's national animal is the Bejian crocodile, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The church of Borism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bej, women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community.
- : Bej endorsed The Rogue Nation of Gays in space.
- : Bej proposed constructing embassies between The West Pole and West Pole Senate.
- : Bej voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 00000 A World Power".
- : Bej lodged a message on the The West Pole Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, King Olegovich signs the laws but abides by none of them.