The Republic of Wallis Island is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Wallis with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.84 billion Wallis Islandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Regents Bay. The average income tax rate is 74.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wallis Islandian economy, worth 291 trillion pounds a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 102,751 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts, third world countries are rich in "I Love Regents Bay" t-shirts, and politicians who misplace decimal points on expense reports are fired for gross incompetence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wallis Island's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wallis Island was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Wallis Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use"".
- : Wallis Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Auphelia".
- : Wallis Island's influence in The West Pole fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Wallis Island's influence in The West Pole fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Wallis Island's influence in The West Pole rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Wallis Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Wallis Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Wallis Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Wallis Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments and Smartest Citizens.