The Federal Republic of Voskopolis is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 720 million Voskopolisians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nefarsi. The average income tax rate is 65.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Voskopolisian economy, worth 47.3 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 65,712 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Banning party poppers has been a real party pooper, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training, the government terminates employment with extreme prejudice, and loss of the ability to speak is a common affliction of the elderly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voskopolis's national animal is the Raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Voskopolis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Voskopolis, loss of the ability to speak is a common affliction of the elderly.
- : Following new legislation in Voskopolis, the government terminates employment with extreme prejudice.
- : Following new legislation in Voskopolis, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training.
- : Following new legislation in Voskopolis, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
- : Voskopolis's influence in Nations of WPD fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Voskopolis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market and Most Extreme.
- : Voskopolis's influence in Nations of WPD fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Voskopolis created a new poll in Nations of WPD: "Banning Mexicans".
- : Following new legislation in Voskopolis, one complaint of Voskopolis's new periodic table is it's easy to confuse fearlessleaderium with gloriousleaderium.