|Capital||- oh thats right - they don't have one|
The Dominion of Under Sea Desert is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Pectinidae Magnus with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.812 billion Under Sea Desertians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of - oh thats right - they don't have one. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Under Sea Desertian economy, worth 432 trillion Bronze Scallops a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 153,770 Bronze Scallops, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography, the blind lead the blind in social welfare, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Under Sea Desert's national animal is the Scallop, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is anybody's guess.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, the blind lead the blind in social welfare.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography.
- : Under Sea Desert voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Under Sea Desert voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Under Sea Desert voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
Endorsements Received: 100 » H-Zhena, Am Echad, VW53Aland, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Wiranath, Brotherland, The Solar Ottomans, Kangarawa, Goodnamesarerare, Eagas, Dragonia, Libertanny, Squid Ruinosa, Elejamie, Republic of Berzerkistan, Axdel, Kaigi, Grossvietnam, Propwash, Liberstankonia, Adavan, Slys Paws, Pakitsk, Kriov, Talitoa, Matdor, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, The Almighty Country, Wizardonia, Lyontisia, Unger under over, Headpat Central, Dragons Blood, La xinga, FreedomIand, Servants of Gizmo, Evrigenis, Rainbow Vests, Interdimensional Waifus, St Guilders Gate, Ridann, Yelkinam, Zukchiva, The Empire of Rijelv, Bai Lung, Asendavia, Ad Honorem Dei, and 50 others.Calbee, The Militarius Imperium, Slonful, Socialist Holy American Empire, Tretrid, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Azureano, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, The Eternal Land of Jong, Raunch, Aurza, Jyzeria, Harro Waarudho, Cameronia Excellentia, Roliganistan, Kelsyth, A mean old man, Firenation91, Khvetsch, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, A Slanted Black Stripe, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Chriona, New Bradenia Ghost, Trulu, North Insomnia, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Rokaku, Quinto Piano, Gyp Land, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, and Oerkar.