|Leader||Geoff Van Deusen|
The Republic of Osterai is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Geoff Van Deusen with an even hand, and remarkable for its fear of technology, ban on automobiles, and complete lack of prisons. The quiet, industrious population of 1.547 billion Osteraians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Federal Osterai. The average income tax rate is 67.9%.
The powerhouse Osteraian economy, worth 148 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 95,859 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Students at universities think exercise bikes are pieces of abstract art, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, and fixing attendance at women's matches is a matter of "when they go low, we go high... funding". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Osterai's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Osterai was endorsed by The Tsardom of Nadarena.
- : Osterai was endorsed by The Republic of United Citizens.
- : Osterai was endorsed by The Epic Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, fixing attendance at women's matches is a matter of "when they go low, we go high... funding".
- : Osterai was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, students at universities think exercise bikes are pieces of abstract art.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, rare steaks seem even bluer now.
- : Following new legislation in Osterai, ignorance is considered a politically desirable quality.
Endorsements Received: 64 » VW53Aland, Veterans Association, Aquyia, Aivintis, Debluu, Albrook, Eastern Alksearia, Axdel, Fellon, New Leganes, East Malaysia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Unger under over, Marrabuk, Iodinia, Asendavia, Brotherland, The Three States of Fortuna, Evrigenis, CheeseBurrito, Bai Lung, A mean old man, Harro Waarudho, Mardom, Joonan Valtakunta, Adavan, Stellar Colonies, The Empire of Rijelv, Tshana, Thurland, Federated States of Zootron, Dragons Blood, Roliganistan, Rainbow Vests, Barfleur, The Almighty Country, ReeK, Kucia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Preat, Modra, Enlil, Monezambique, Ridann, Goodnamesarerare, FreedomIand, Lyontisia, Kangarawa, Rikos Isles, East Deslang, and 14 others.Kingdom of Hapsteld, Nevertopia, Tassirion, The Marlands, BearStackof2015, Merlovich, Isole Ionie, Tyrosalem, Agave, Santa Dystopia, Turkey Creek, Roissyland, United Citizens, and Nadarena.