The Principality of Morshun is a huge, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The democratic population of 316 million Morshunians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 32.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Morshunian economy, worth 11.7 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 36,966 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Morshun City, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space', and the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Morshun's national animal is the crocodile, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morshun was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Morshun voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Morshun, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
- : Following new legislation in Morshun, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'.
- : Following new legislation in Morshun, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Morshun City.
- : Morshun was endorsed by The Allied Republics of Northern Nivaria.
- : Morshun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Morshun was endorsed by The Sovereign Commonwealth of Evertopia.
- : Morshun voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Morshun's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
Endorsements Received: 15 » Kuriko, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Valentian Elysium, Ignis Cinere, Randopian, Krystalveil, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, Anisopterra, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Evertopia, Northern Nivaria, and Bortheria.