The Democratic Republic of Lokasaz is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The democratic population of 808 million Lokasazians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 44.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Lokasazian economy, worth 54.4 trillion Lokasazian Rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 67,306 Lokasazian Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough, the nation's ambassadors often conduct their business in jail cells, snap elections are called over every minor impasse, and politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lokasaz's national animal is the turtle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lokasaz's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lokasaz's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lokasaz was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Lokasaz ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Lokasaz was endorsed by The Republic of Greater Kingdoms.
- : Lokasaz was endorsed by The Arcane Sea Aristocracy of Leimarite Empire.
- : Lokasaz was endorsed by The Free Land of Froshar.
- : Lokasaz was endorsed by The Cyrillic Macaronic Republic of Philippinia.
- : Lokasaz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Lokasaz was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".