The United Socialist States of German Remnants is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 376 million German Remnantsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Heildelberg. The average income tax rate is 19.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The German Remnantsian economy, worth 20.7 trillion Deutsche marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,928 Deutsche marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, all work and no play has rendered the nation's children somewhat intelligent but also remarkably dull, statues of famous citizens are erected or demolished on a purely partisan basis, and German Remnants has designated Heildelberg as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. German Remnants's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : German Remnants was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : German Remnants was endorsed by The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : German Remnants was endorsed by The Sovereign Commonwealth of Evertopia.
- : German Remnants was endorsed by The Holistic Empire of United Kingdom of Selesnia.
- : German Remnants changed its national capital to "Heildelberg".
- : Following new legislation in German Remnants, German Remnants has designated Heildelberg as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in German Remnants, statues of famous citizens are erected or demolished on a purely partisan basis.
- : Following new legislation in German Remnants, all work and no play has rendered the nation's children somewhat intelligent but also remarkably dull.
- : German Remnants voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : German Remnants voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
Endorsements Received: 33 » Wysrod, Kuriko, New Fania, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Republic of Karskarovyt, Valentian Elysium, Solarampa, Harekoku, Japanie, Krystalveil, Eames, The Republic of Osea, Alen-roshh, Nogalacia, Northern Nivaria, Itic, Nooooooooooooooo, Isentran, Nuremburgia, Dustwind, AciaciaMont, City of Saint Nicolas, Anisopterra, Vivolkha, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Rex Republic, Point Comfort Colony, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Evertopia, Ignis Cinere, and Bortheria.