The Two Candles of Evergreen Keys is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Keeper with a fair hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.927 billion Keysians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great Keys. The average income tax rate is 86.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Keysian economy, worth 223 trillion keys a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 115,741 keys, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Keeper panders to nontraditional families, chrome-clad space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR, and factories grind to a halt every time there is an election. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Evergreen Keys's national animal is the keysian dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Evergreen Keys was endorsed by The Republic of Zulrich.
- : Evergreen Keys endorsed The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : Evergreen Keys was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, chrome-clad space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, The Keeper panders to nontraditional families.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Evergreen Keys, the new classical revitalization of Great Keys is expected to be completed sometime in the next century.
- : Evergreen Keys was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: 100 » Elisabethshagen, Northern German Federation, Imperium Anglorum, Umeria, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Yahlia, Chioganah, Pilipinas and Malaya, Republic of Satherland, St Scarlett, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, GanymedEuropa, Eritei, Outer Sparta, The Greater Eastern Republic, Neuchateau, Parliamentary Laramidia, Slavorussia, Monte Naranja, Wiener-Neustadt, Rotenstein, Bohomo, Feria-Alkaline, Walfo, Dark Matter, The New Nordic Union, Alsted, An Clar, Mallesia, Leranditale, Supcotia, Jim the Baptist, Solteur, Nardin, Regnum Italiae, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Prussian-Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Champions League, Invernessia, Someseni, Lyallpur, Savinecross, Sloburg, North of Americas, Ausvelt, Destyntine, Abject Ludicrosity, and 50 others.The Seven Provinces, New Petra, Shaor, Chronus, Socialist Balkans, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, Rivierenland, The Oriental Empire, Bathera, Ostermarch, Sienkahn, Hunas, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Escalver, Caoripp, Meropis, Seims, Great Winminster, Wombelland, Crestphalia, Gerarvania, The States of Texas and Arkansas, The Great New Swiss, Termasek, Adamites, Flippydippy123, The New Mexican Confederation, Apabeossie, Ashckar, Vostokian Union, Owlograd, New Eestiball, Enway, Estellan, Trixeland, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Corsovica, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Valtrona, Eski, Zarulia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Othenhiem, Continental Social Democrats, Nuevo Europa, and Zulrich.