The Rogue Nation of Cannitopia is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 291 million Cannitopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 49.8%.
The Cannitopian economy, worth 14.2 trillion buds a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 48,871 buds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather, people's charity begins and ends at home, and the armed forces have designated 'murder teams' that root out rebels in Brasilistan. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Cannitopia's national animal is the sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cannitopia was endorsed by The Empire of Dobyse.
- : Cannitopia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Peacefalia.
- : Cannitopia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Valltoria.
- : Cannitopia was endorsed by The Free Land of Tyranogorgon.
- : Cannitopia was endorsed by The Eternal Empire of Angea.
- : Cannitopia was endorsed by The Democratic MacPublic of MacPublic.
- : Cannitopia's influence in New Western Empire rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Cannitopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Cannitopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Following new legislation in Cannitopia, the armed forces have designated 'murder teams' that root out rebels in Brasilistan.