The Kingdom of Boukouras is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Basileus with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 1.42 billion Boukourasians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boukouras. The average income tax rate is 33.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Boukourasian economy, worth 116 trillion Drachmas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 81,758 Drachmas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Anyone found to be unemployed is shipped off to Brasilistan with a gun and a spade, Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor, for just a few extra Drachmas Boukourasians can get new driving records with their new cars, and Basileus sports gold-plated grillz to promote the government's hard money policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boukouras's national animal is the Human, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boukouras's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Boukouras was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Boukouras, Basileus sports gold-plated grillz to promote the government's hard money policy.
- : Following new legislation in Boukouras, for just a few extra Drachmas Boukourasians can get new driving records with their new cars.
- : Boukouras's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Boukouras's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Boukouras's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Boukouras altered its national flag.
- : Boukouras was refounded in Osiris.
- : Boukouras ceased to exist in The North Pacific.