The United Socialist States of Bluenstein is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Agent Blue with a fair hand, and notable for its vat-grown people, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.032 billion Bluensteinians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washington DC. The average income tax rate is 92.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Bluensteinian economy, worth 111 trillion Blueroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 107,653 Blueroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, the doctor has cold hands, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and the nation's school children are fluent in Klingon but lack basic mathematical skills. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bluenstein's national animal is the Tyrannosaurus Rex, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, the nation's school children are fluent in Klingon but lack basic mathematical skills.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, the doctor has cold hands.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum.
- : Bluenstein endorsed The Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Bluenstein was endorsed by The Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, a degree in Agent Blue Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Following new legislation in Bluenstein, schoolchildren learn an R-rated version of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes".
Endorsements Received: 68 » Republic of Satherland, Brakanistan, Ahma, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Slavonia and Srijem, Greate San Marino, Troltovia, An Clar, Supcotia, Bahnhofstrasse, Leranditale, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, Outer Sparta, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Apabeossie, Pydrus, Kenmoria WA Mission, The New Nordic Union, Mantcor, GanymedEuropa, Jim the Baptist, Purgatio, Slavorussia, Northlandic Republic, Nardin, Viciebskaja, Pazano, The Kingdom of Denmark, Dark Matter, The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Soviet Taoistan, Wessex and Cornwall, Elisabethshagen, Thracia and Crimea, Feria-Alkaline, British Norklon, Alsted, Wombelland, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Stromia, United Polarity, and 18 others.Walfo, Regnum Italiae, Betasia, Porury, Permorania, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Enway, The Greater Eastern Republic, Einswenn, Legique, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Prussian-Union, and Kanokla.