The Democratic States of Bernieland Republic is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 358 million Bernieland Republicans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grāndola. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Bernieland Republican economy, worth 36.1 trillion Escudos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 100,934 Escudos, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Party has more splits than a yo-yo dieter's trousers, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, t-shirts displaying a photo of Leader performing the Full-Monty are selling out, and there is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Bernieland Republic's national animal is the Zebra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bernieland Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Bernieland Republic, there is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship.
- : Bernieland Republic lodged a message on the The Internationale Regional Message Board.
- : Bernieland Republic endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Jamkamohr.
- : Bernieland Republic was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Jamkamohr.
- : Following new legislation in Bernieland Republic, t-shirts displaying a photo of Leader performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Bernieland Republic, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- : Following new legislation in Bernieland Republic, the Party has more splits than a yo-yo dieter's trousers.
- : Bernieland Republic endorsed The United Socialist States of Liberation and Prosperity.
- : Bernieland Republic was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Liberation and Prosperity.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Nova Erie, Ruskiam, Albania 3, The Midwestern Union for Prosperity, Duravia, East Nazareth, Vamia Adzukind, Esgeirimmen, Absurd Land, Doultrenia, Upcrus, Minahasa, Zerphen, Attempted Socialism, Pertsjan, Mesopoto, Democratic Manceff, Medlidande, Suthseaxe, Restart, Islati Scyia, Saltspring Island, Choveynia, Fairfax Soviet Republic, Quigon, Rhedaria, Bunkaiia, Darfaria, Weaventingost, Tennequin, The Mighty River, Morabai, Andogeesia, Moqraine, Ainares, El Rift, Karlos, Soberanos-Socialistas, Greater Armenian state, Terranova-Serre, Choigzonion, Sovirizst, Alphonsia, Carrico, German Proletarians, MKAS, Meorlanorde, Anarcho Syndicalist Korea, The Commune of Meddle, Clania Miyal, and 26 others.Rainsfield, Glorious Burgundy, Red Sanguina, Ontopia, Golinistan, International Socialist Union, UPRA, Al-Aezam, Lucian Victoria, Xizhong, Knauziena, Free Willistan, Space Lads, Nomskyland, Fiern, Free Caludonia, UEASR, Slanetria, Vikedum, The American Continentes, Weltrepublik, Sino-Terranesia, Trje, Mecha Louisiana, Liberation and Prosperity, and Jamkamohr.