The People's Republic of Absurd Land is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 504 million Absurd Landians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kierkegaard. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Absurd Landian economy, worth 49.0 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Average income is 97,314 Bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts", bars are packed at all hours, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, and a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Absurd Land's national animal is the Black Sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Absurd Land was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Jamkamohr.
- : Absurd Land endorsed The United Socialist States of Liberation and Prosperity.
- : Following new legislation in Absurd Land, a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away.
- : Following new legislation in Absurd Land, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in Absurd Land, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Absurd Land, motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts".
- : Following new legislation in Absurd Land, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Absurd Land voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Absurd Land was endorsed by The Principality of Mecha Louisiana.
- : Absurd Land was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Trje.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Doultrenia, Ainares, Vamia Adzukind, Minahasa, Duravia, Restart, Pertsjan, Albania 3, Bohstavia, Upcrus, Saltspring Island, Medlidande, Clania Miyal, Morabai, That Place Where We Live, Choveynia, Golinistan, Islati Scyia, The Commune of Meddle, Attempted Socialism, Rhedaria, Bihastria, Andakeristan, Moqraine, Zerphen, Weaventingost, Nova Erie, El Rift, United Communist Cities, New Ordiel Kalibleland, Lackinsar, Suthseaxe, East Nazareth, Boscoism, The Mighty River, Bernieland Republic, Bunkaiia, Tennequin, Soberanos-Socialistas, Choigzonion, Alphonsia, Tsaien, Carrico, MKAS, Meorlanorde, Ripuaria-Limburg, The Anarchic Collective of Z, Democratic Manceff, Ontopia, International Socialist Union, and 10 others.Lucian Victoria, Knauziena, Free Willistan, Space Lads, Weltrepublik, Sino-Terranesia, Erin World, Trje, Mecha Louisiana, and Jamkamohr.