NATION

PASSWORD

The Western Isles RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Free Lands of Vancouvia (elected )

Founder: The Free Lands of Vancouvia

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most Influential: 17th Most World Assembly Endorsements: 23rd Most Nations: 126th+16
Most Valuable International Artwork: 1,262nd Largest Black Market: 1,373rd Most Cultured: 1,422nd Most Devout: 1,604th Most Beautiful Environments: 1,642nd Most Eco-Friendly Governments: 1,713th Best Weather: 1,859th Most Extensive Public Healthcare: 2,125th Most Inclusive: 2,199th Smartest Citizens: 2,225th Most Advanced Public Education: 2,262nd Highest Poor Incomes: 2,362nd Healthiest Citizens: 2,456th Largest Information Technology Sector: 2,502nd Most Popular Tourist Destinations: 2,505th Most Advanced Public Transport: 2,532nd
World Factbook Entry

|||~THE WESTERN ISLES~|||

A proud past, a bright future

| Democracy | Equality | Role-playing | Community | Quality | Fun | No Offsite Forums | Bountiful | LinkTheme Song |



||| ~Government~ |||

Elected through challenge elections

Please join the WA and endorse the government


||| ~Quick Links~ |||

| All | Map | Alliances | Constitution & Government | Regional Rules | Chat | Your threads |


||| ~Ongoing Events and Perpetual RPs~ |||

| News | TWItter | League | Citizens | International Building |


||| ~New Players Start Here!~ |||

| Welcome Information | Introduce Your Nation | Introduce Your Leaders |



Embassies: Haiku, the Pacific, 10000 Islands, 00000 A World Power, Commonwealth of Liberty, Geopolity, Albion, Europe, Atlas, Esquarium, Sunalaya, Equinox, Winterfell, Realism and RP, Future Earth, Kennan, and 102 others.Australialia, The Coalition of Democratic Nations, Pax Britannia, Arconian Empire, Cyberius Confederation, Brasil, Oatland, Solid Kingdom, India, Right to Life, Eastern Roman Empire, The Commonwealth of Crowns, Nova, Yarnia, Calefacta Aquas Piscinae, Nova Historiae, Free Market Federation, Oceania, The Republic Nations, Portugal, United Valhaven, Pac Pac, The Bar on the corner of every region, Historia Novorum, Union Mundial, Ainur, Confederacy of Allied States, Intarctica, Melhorian Sea, Aeia, The Region That Has No Big Banks, The Hanover Republic, Technologica, Tropican Islands, Avadam Inn, Sweden, Ordis, The Mystical Council, Krillin, Turkic Union, Asiana, The Peaceful Coffee Shop In Chicago, International Northwestern Union, Union of Free Nations, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Nagoya International, Non Aligned Movement, Yuno, The Universal Allegiance, The Exarchal Republic, Mapperdonia, Sikh Empire, New Western Atlantic, LCRUA, The Warden World, Dauiland, International Debating Area, Regionless, Order of the Southern North, The Exalted Lands, Iveagh, Imperial Fatherland, The Sands, The Eastern Isles, Union of Nationalists, The Democratic Republic, North America, The Great Universe, Christmas, Abydos, Gypsy Lands, Salutations, The Galactic Empire of Britain, Union of Christian Nations, Force, Lardyland, Lezra, Chicken overlords, The Slide Countries, Hollow Point, League Of Allied Powers, Train Station, New Atlas, Viranos, Edmundian Empire, Organization of United Sovereign States, New Western Empire, Union of Allied States, Melayu Archipelago, Nation of Earth, Libertarium, Montealba, Besondere Empire, Grand Pacifica, Weffle, Philippines, Guinea Kiribati, Tryzalore, The Chancery, The Embassy, Fredonia, and The Interdimensional Community.

Tags: Anarchist, Anti-Capitalist, Anti-General Assembly, Anti-Security Council, Anti-World Assembly, Capitalist, Casual, Conservative, Defender, Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Enormous, and 37 others.Featured, Free Trade, Game Player, General Assembly, Generalite, Human-Only, Imperialist, Independent, Industrial, International Federalist, Invader, Isolationist, Liberal, Libertarian, Map, Mercenary, Modern Tech, Monarchist, National Sovereigntist, Neutral, Outer Space, Pacifist, Regional Government, Religious, Role Player, Security Council, Serious, Silly, Snarky, Social, Socialist, Sports, Surreal, Theocratic, Totalitarian, Video Game, and World Assembly.

Regional Power: Very High

The Western Isles contains 172 nations, the 126th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Fattest Citizens in The Western Isles

World Census takers tracked the sale of Cheetos and Twinkies to ascertain which nations most enjoyed the "kind bud."

As a region, The Western Isles is ranked 10,581st in the world for Fattest Citizens.

1.The Kingdom of MichasCapitalist Paradise“Might Makes Right”
2.The Free Land of RieloviaAnarchy“Man Is A Canvas”
3.The Holy Empire of AmberlenaBenevolent Dictatorship“Blessings upon your family!”
4.The Last City of MarigotCapitalizt“m”
5.The Parliamentary Republic of ChasiaAnarchy“Veritas. Aequitas. Libertas.”
6.The Free Land of EbylandAnarchy“Age tuum negotium”
7.The Confederacy of Hospitaller West IndiesCorporate Police State“Par Dioa it Libertate!”
8.The Confederacy of The United PartitionsBenevolent Dictatorship“Nai Suppert Par L'Libbertattie”
9.The Island Republic of CosieCivil Rights Lovefest“Ubi bene, ibi patria”
10.The Grand Empire of YangYu HiFather Knows Best State“Familien for Alltid”
1234. . .1718»

Regional Happenings

More...

The Western Isles Regional Message Board

Messages

The Confederation of Alteran Republics

So I'm tweaking my military dispatches, starting with the Air Force dispatch.


Air Defence Force
"Inter Terram Et Stellas" / "Between the Earth and Stars"

The Alteran Air Defence Force (A.D.F.) is Altera's aerial warfare force.
It was formed towards the beginning of the 20th Century in 1921 in a bid to innovate
its defence forces. Since its formation, the A.D.F. has taken a significant role in
Altera's power projection, acting as the country's first line of defence.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
    The Alteran Air Defence Force (A.D.F.) mission is to support the objectives of the Alteran Armed Forces which are to "provide the capabilities needed: to ensure the security and defence of the Alteran Republics' and overseas territories, including against terrorism; to support the Government’s foreign policy objectives particularly in promoting international peace and security".

    The A.D.F. describes its mission statement as "... [to provide] An agile, adaptable and capable Air Force that is second to none, and that makes a decisive air power contribution in support of the Alteran Defence Mission". The mission statement is supported by the A.D.F.'s definition of air power, which guides its strategy. Air power is defined as "the ability to project power from the air and space to influence the behaviour of people or the course of events".

    Today the Alteran Republics' Air Defence Force maintains an operational fleet of various types of aircraft, described by the A.D.F. as being leading-edge in terms of technology. This largely consists of fixed-wing aircraft, including: fighter and strike aircraft, airborne early warning and control aircraft, aerial refuelling aircraft and strategic and tactical transport aircraft. The majority of the A.D.F.'s rotary-wing aircraft form part of the tri-service Joint Rotor Command in support of ground forces. Most of the A.D.F.'s aircraft and personnel are based in Altera, with many others serving on operations or at long-established overseas bases.

    Although the A.D.F. is the principal Alteran air power arm, the Alteran Republics' Maritime Defence Force and the Alteran Ground Defence Force also deliver air power which is integrated into the maritime, littoral and land environments.


Quick Facts

Chief of the Air Staff
Air Chief Marshal Baebio Primus

Annual Spending
Ͼ11.4 Billion ACr ($9.5 Billion USD)

Active Personnel
42,000 Active¹

Reserve Personnel
10,000 Reservists²

Recruitment Age
18 - 45 Years

Minimum Service
4 Years Full-Time // 7 Years Part-time

Average Salary
~Ͼ36,000 ACr ($30,000 USD)

Gender Ratios (M/F/GQ)
64% Male // 32% Female // 3% Gender-Queer

¹Including 5,000 Defense/Security Personnel
²Including 1,000 Defense/Security Personnel


Our Fleet

P.123 'Falcon'
Air Superiority Stealth Fighter


P.125 'Osprey'
Multi-role Stealth Fighter


P.109 'Vulture'
Strike Stealth Attacker


VT.10 'Hummingbird'
STOL / VTOL Tilt-rotor


VT.15 'Harrier'
STOL / VTOL Tilt-rotor


VT.21 'Dragonfly'
Tilt-rotor Multirole UAV


8-11 200 T
Wide-body Jet Transport/Tanker


8-11 200 'Guardian'
Wide-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


8-11 200 F
Wide-body Jet Cargo Hauler


C-100 'Sentry'
Narrow-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


C-100 'Wedgetail'
Narrow-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


O.364(B) 'Hamerkop'
STOL Tactical Transport



Merito non pareret. | By merit, not birth.



GOV.ALT service is designed and maintained by HORIZON Inc.
on behalf of the Alteran Council of Information, Altera.



Read dispatch

Still a WIP, but welcome any feedback; particularly the layout of the graphics at the bottom. Do they look alright in that format? Should they be in a table format instead (rows of 2 or 3)? Not sure what I want at the moment.

The Confederacy of The United Partitions

Westmoor Isles wrote:Random question out of pure curiosity, how many of your nations have legalized cannabis and in what year?

Depends on the partition. It's fully illegal in the partitions of Knunston, Manchanto and Cattahallie, it's legal under some circumstances such as with a prescription in another few, but fully legal in most partitions. Unsure of a year

The Republic of The Tsunterlands

Westmoor Isles wrote:Random question out of pure curiosity, how many of your nations have legalized cannabis and in what year?

I kind of figure its always been legal. I don't really think the Tsunter government legislates on such matters,

The Utopian Kingdom of the Union of Roendavar

Westmoor Isles wrote:Random question out of pure curiosity, how many of your nations have legalized cannabis and in what year?

Historically, there has been no effort to control or criminalize cannabis. Socially, it has been used for a long time from religious practice, medical and recreational use. There is no reason for us to ban it. For formalities, the Recreational Drugs Board was formed around the early 1900s classified cannabis as Class A, which means recreational use is legal without a limit (unless you literally have huge stacks of it but that would just earn you increased supervision by the Government). Cultivation of cannabis is legal with a license from the state. It can freely be purchased in certain shops, in markets, and in the many clubs and bars across Roendavar. We even have a deity of recreational drugs and cannabis is one of the three substances they hold.

The Utopian Kingdom of the Union of Roendavar

Jeriga wrote:Does anyone have a strong enlightenment movement in their nation in the 1750's with a university that might have educated a foreign royal?

Roendavar can provide it. The Free City of Dociara at the time controlled one of the oldest universities (i Pilonas-Ecanthrein) and it was one of the centers for discussion about leftist and/or liberal values for the time. So yeah, if your foreign royal wants to be educated by a largely progressive and leftist independent city-state for its time, just TG me.

The Aprosia of New Aapelistan

Roendavar wrote:Roendavar can provide it. The Free City of Dociara at the time controlled one of the oldest universities (i Pilonas-Ecanthrein) and it was one of the centers for discussion about leftist and/or liberal values for the time. So yeah, if your foreign royal wants to be educated by a largely progressive and leftist independent city-state for its time, just TG me.

Wowowowow Roendavar has universities?

The Republic of Miklania

Alteran Republics wrote:So I'm tweaking my military dispatches, starting with the Air Force dispatch.


Air Defence Force
"Inter Terram Et Stellas" / "Between the Earth and Stars"

The Alteran Air Defence Force (A.D.F.) is Altera's aerial warfare force.
It was formed towards the beginning of the 20th Century in 1921 in a bid to innovate
its defence forces. Since its formation, the A.D.F. has taken a significant role in
Altera's power projection, acting as the country's first line of defence.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
    The Alteran Air Defence Force (A.D.F.) mission is to support the objectives of the Alteran Armed Forces which are to "provide the capabilities needed: to ensure the security and defence of the Alteran Republics' and overseas territories, including against terrorism; to support the Government’s foreign policy objectives particularly in promoting international peace and security".

    The A.D.F. describes its mission statement as "... [to provide] An agile, adaptable and capable Air Force that is second to none, and that makes a decisive air power contribution in support of the Alteran Defence Mission". The mission statement is supported by the A.D.F.'s definition of air power, which guides its strategy. Air power is defined as "the ability to project power from the air and space to influence the behaviour of people or the course of events".

    Today the Alteran Republics' Air Defence Force maintains an operational fleet of various types of aircraft, described by the A.D.F. as being leading-edge in terms of technology. This largely consists of fixed-wing aircraft, including: fighter and strike aircraft, airborne early warning and control aircraft, aerial refuelling aircraft and strategic and tactical transport aircraft. The majority of the A.D.F.'s rotary-wing aircraft form part of the tri-service Joint Rotor Command in support of ground forces. Most of the A.D.F.'s aircraft and personnel are based in Altera, with many others serving on operations or at long-established overseas bases.

    Although the A.D.F. is the principal Alteran air power arm, the Alteran Republics' Maritime Defence Force and the Alteran Ground Defence Force also deliver air power which is integrated into the maritime, littoral and land environments.


Quick Facts

Chief of the Air Staff
Air Chief Marshal Baebio Primus

Annual Spending
Ͼ11.4 Billion ACr ($9.5 Billion USD)

Active Personnel
42,000 Active¹

Reserve Personnel
10,000 Reservists²

Recruitment Age
18 - 45 Years

Minimum Service
4 Years Full-Time // 7 Years Part-time

Average Salary
~Ͼ36,000 ACr ($30,000 USD)

Gender Ratios (M/F/GQ)
64% Male // 32% Female // 3% Gender-Queer

¹Including 5,000 Defense/Security Personnel
²Including 1,000 Defense/Security Personnel


Our Fleet

P.123 'Falcon'
Air Superiority Stealth Fighter


P.125 'Osprey'
Multi-role Stealth Fighter


P.109 'Vulture'
Strike Stealth Attacker


VT.10 'Hummingbird'
STOL / VTOL Tilt-rotor


VT.15 'Harrier'
STOL / VTOL Tilt-rotor


VT.21 'Dragonfly'
Tilt-rotor Multirole UAV


8-11 200 T
Wide-body Jet Transport/Tanker


8-11 200 'Guardian'
Wide-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


8-11 200 F
Wide-body Jet Cargo Hauler


C-100 'Sentry'
Narrow-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


C-100 'Wedgetail'
Narrow-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


O.364(B) 'Hamerkop'
STOL Tactical Transport



Merito non pareret. | By merit, not birth.



GOV.ALT service is designed and maintained by HORIZON Inc.
on behalf of the Alteran Council of Information, Altera.



Read dispatch

Still a WIP, but welcome any feedback; particularly the layout of the graphics at the bottom. Do they look alright in that format? Should they be in a table format instead (rows of 2 or 3)? Not sure what I want at the moment.

The bottom looks like a checkerboard with pictures. There no image links for me, IDK if that's a problem or you just haven't put them in yet. It's very attractive.

The Bird Buddy of Shidei

Miklania wrote:There no image links for me, IDK if that's a problem or you just haven't put them in yet. It's very attractive.

Well yeah, several of them are stealth fighters

The Confederation of Alteran Republics

Miklania wrote:The bottom looks like a checkerboard with pictures. There no image links for me, IDK if that's a problem or you just haven't put them in yet. It's very attractive.

I tweaked the layout since I posted that message on the train on my phone. Was planning on making new graphics for them this evening ... but then I fell asleep on the sofa waiting for my shopping to be delivered.

Original layout had the lineart graphics in a different layout.

The Confederation of Alteran Republics


Air Defence Force
"Inter Terram Et Stellas" / "Between the Earth and Stars"

The Alteran Air Defence Force (A.D.F.) is Altera's aerial warfare force.
It was formed towards the beginning of the 20th Century in 1921 in a bid to innovate
its defence forces. Since its formation, the A.D.F. has taken a significant role in
Altera's power projection, acting as the country's first line of defence.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
    The Alteran Air Defence Force (A.D.F.) mission is to support the objectives of the Alteran Armed Forces which are to "provide the capabilities needed: to ensure the security and defence of the Alteran Republics' and overseas territories, including against terrorism; to support the Government’s foreign policy objectives particularly in promoting international peace and security".

    The A.D.F. describes its mission statement as "... [to provide] An agile, adaptable and capable Air Force that is second to none, and that makes a decisive air power contribution in support of the Alteran Defence Mission". The mission statement is supported by the A.D.F.'s definition of air power, which guides its strategy. Air power is defined as "the ability to project power from the air and space to influence the behaviour of people or the course of events".

    Today the Alteran Republics' Air Defence Force maintains an operational fleet of various types of aircraft, described by the A.D.F. as being leading-edge in terms of technology. This largely consists of fixed-wing aircraft, including: fighter and strike aircraft, airborne early warning and control aircraft, aerial refuelling aircraft and strategic and tactical transport aircraft. The majority of the A.D.F.'s rotary-wing aircraft form part of the tri-service Joint Rotor Command in support of ground forces. Most of the A.D.F.'s aircraft and personnel are based in Altera, with many others serving on operations or at long-established overseas bases.

    Although the A.D.F. is the principal Alteran air power arm, the Alteran Republics' Maritime Defence Force and the Alteran Ground Defence Force also deliver air power which is integrated into the maritime, littoral and land environments.


Quick Facts

Chief of the Air Staff
Air Chief Marshal Baebio Primus

Annual Spending
Ͼ11.4 Billion ACr ($9.5 Billion USD)

Active Personnel
42,000 Active¹

Reserve Personnel
10,000 Reservists²

Recruitment Age
18 - 45 Years

Minimum Service
4 Years Full-Time // 7 Years Part-time

Average Salary
~Ͼ36,000 ACr ($30,000 USD)

Gender Ratios (M/F/GQ)
64% Male // 32% Female // 3% Gender-Queer

¹Including 5,000 Defense/Security Personnel
²Including 1,000 Defense/Security Personnel


Our Fleet

P.123 'Falcon'
Air Superiority Stealth Fighter


P.125 'Osprey'
Multi-role Stealth Fighter


P.109 'Vulture'
Strike Stealth Attacker


VT.10 'Hummingbird'
STOL / VTOL Tilt-rotor


VT.15 'Harrier'
STOL / VTOL Tilt-rotor


VT.21 'Dragonfly'
Tilt-rotor Multirole UAV


8-11 200 T
Wide-body Jet Transport/Tanker


8-11 200 'Guardian'
Wide-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


8-11 200 F
Wide-body Jet Cargo Hauler


C-100 'Sentry'
Narrow-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


C-100 'Wedgetail'
Narrow-body Airborne Early Warning Radar (AWACS)


O.364(B) 'Hamerkop'
STOL Tactical Transport



Merito non pareret. | By merit, not birth.



GOV.ALT service is designed and maintained by HORIZON Inc.
on behalf of the Alteran Council of Information, Altera.



Read dispatch


Only need to repaint and add the Falcon and Vulture, but the new layout is pretty much done

Forum View