NATION

PASSWORD

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .19,04119,04219,04319,04419,04519,04619,047. . .19,19119,192»
Messages

The Retro-Futuristic Starship of New Astri

Vicenti wrote:You seem like a very cynical individual (not an insult BTW, just an observation). You seem to assume the worst, which is understandable on some instances.

calling someone cynical for arguing that we have to actually work to solve systematic oppression instead of hoping socialism magically fixes it is not really appropriate.

The People's Republic of Manchukurun

New Astri wrote:calling someone cynical for arguing that we have to actually work to solve systematic oppression instead of hoping socialism magically fixes it is not really appropriate.

They did not mean it as an insult, and it was not taken as an insult

The Dictatorship of Nanbao

Hey guys i just made a new nation called Grand Corpora, i’m gonna make it the most oppressive, careless, capitalist nation in the entire world, the environment is already a wreck in the name of uranium mining, i am going to make it even worse

The Libertarian Commune of Vicenti

New Astri wrote:well i will be real with you this demonstrates that you do not understand racism! a white guy estimating that very few white people are racist indicates only that you don't know how to spot racism because you've never experienced it, not that very few of us are racist. racism is in fact wildly prevalent. racism also takes many forms, many of which are quite easy to hide. not every demonstration of racism involves a slur. we don't need "non-racists in power," we need anti-racists, because anything short of anti-racism activism is complacency. calling systematic problems easy to solve is also just frankly absurd. they're deeply entrenched, life-ruining, and will be incredibly difficult to root out.

you can't "agree to disagree" your way out of suggesting that the solution to social oppression is to make 0 social change. societal oppression exists because of systematic and interpersonal bigotry. going "but what if we just solved everything economically" only serves to detract from what minorities know will bring social progress. you can't instruct people to just look away from oppression and hope a hypothetical economic revolution magically solves it.

Again we have very different interpretations of how to solve a problem. And frankly what is to say that either one is right. Perhaps we are so in tangled in our own experiences that we are blinded by the truth.

Also I have many friends, not all white, who think the same thing as I do. Different opinions creates different ideologies, something I am willing to accept. Not all think like I do. I understand that. But you, despite all of your likely excellent qualities need to learn a valuable lesson I learned a long time ago. I am me I am going to formulate an opinion based solely on my experiences, education, upbringing, etc. I accept that I might not hold an opinion that is popular, an opinion that is considered “normal”, but that does not mean that I am wrong. You saying that my opinion is “wrong” solely because it does not line up with somewhat typical political thinking is not necessarily fostering an atmosphere of free thought. One must understand that their worldview is not absolute, it may be wrong. And don’t think that I’m dismissing your view, I do consider the potential paradox in my belief. But nevertheless it is mine to have. So yes this is a agree to disagree situation, just like any other debate on this earth.

The Libertarian Commune of Vicenti

Manchukurun wrote:Actually I am quite the optimist to people who know me. I am stern because I have been of the mind you are and I was wrong and regretted it

And I respect that wholeheartedly.

The Retro-Futuristic Starship of New Astri

Manchukurun wrote:They did not mean it as an insult, and it was not taken as an insult

i feel like the context of it made it unfair but i'm glad that there's no hurt feelings over it

The Retro-Futuristic Starship of New Astri

Vicenti wrote:Again we have very different interpretations of how to solve a problem. And frankly what is to say that either one is right. Perhaps we are so in tangled in our own experiences that we are blinded by the truth.

Also I have many friends, not all white, who think the same thing as I do. Different opinions creates different ideologies, something I am willing to accept. Not all think like I do. I understand that. But you, despite all of your likely excellent qualities need to learn a valuable lesson I learned a long time ago. I am me I am going to formulate an opinion based solely on my experiences, education, upbringing, etc. I accept that I might not hold an opinion that is popular, an opinion that is considered “normal”, but that does not mean that I am wrong. You saying that my opinion is “wrong” solely because it does not line up with somewhat typical political thinking is not necessarily fostering an atmosphere of free thought. One must understand that their worldview is not absolute, it may be wrong. And don’t think that I’m dismissing your view, I do consider the potential paradox in my belief. But nevertheless it is mine to have. So yes this is a agree to disagree situation, just like any other debate on this earth.

what's to say that either one is right? uh, currently, i'd say "common sense." don't reach for the "well really who's to say that either of us are right..." line the second a political discussion starts going somewhere you don't like.

"my token friends of color agree with me i promise" is not even an even remotely sound explanation for your absurd belief that racism isn't common. there are also people of color who would 100% disagree with you. there are people with different opinions in every minority group, and so "well some of them agree with me" isn't proof that your opinion is correct, just that you can't effectively argue for it yourself. denial of the existence/prevalence of racism allows for racism to be perpetuated without notice, and so it is never accepted in the bloc.

"you have to make cultural changes to solve cultural problems" is very basic, common-sense thinking, and it's not really something you should have a reason to argue with. your experiences haven't taught you that ignoring the wishes of oppressed people & hoping that socialism magically changes their issues would be successful. i never said that your opinion was wrong because it's uncommon--do you really think anyone in the communist bloc would argue that? you've put words in my mouth to avoid addressing what i actually said.

you're saying "my free thought :(" because i disagreed with you? do you think that free thought is when you're allowed to say your opinions but then no one else is allowed to share theirs if they disagree with you? free thought is when nobody ever tells you they think you're wrong? hmm. interesting. sounds like you're confusing freedom of thought with freedom to force your beliefs on others.

this also makes "one must understand that their worldview is not absolute" a very ironic thing for you to say.

many debates are not, in fact, "agree to disagree." "agree to disagree" is for when you like a different flavor of ice cream than your friend. not when someone is telling you your beliefs are harmful to minorities and you still think you should get to continue having them.

The Retro-Futuristic Starship of New Astri

Ink Cloud, compare stats Brevisia

The United Socialist States of Sandorra

Wot

The Grand Commune of Eleutherya

New Astri wrote:Ink Cloud, compare stats Brevisia

Is it broken ? :)

The Retro-Futuristic Starship of New Astri

Eleutherya wrote:Is it broken ? :)

uh, not sure, i'll ask micha about it once i see she's active

The Celestial Dragon Empire of Halsoni

ANNOUNCEMENT BY THE MINSTRY OF DOMESTIC AFFAIRS

As stated in the "Election Standards Act 2020" citizenship applications will not be processed during voting periods.

(9) Citizenship applications will not be processed while voting for elections is taking place.

If you are currently applying for citizenship then be patient. The Ministry of Domestic Affairs will process your application as soon as the election results are revealed. If you have any questions related to the elections you can contact one of the election overseers. If you have any questions related the citizenship applications you can contact me (Halsoni) or the Minister of Domestic Affairs (Solveneia)

Thank you,

The Ministry of Domestic Affairs

The People's Republic of Granva

here is my new flag for equality he tackles the sickle and the hammer for the equality of worker and of or communism, and also he tackles lgbt colors because equality is one of my first values

The Community of Technoscience Leftwing

Vicenti wrote:Possibly his point is this, one who focuses so much on social issues will eventually forget about economic issues. You see this in America today. The economy has so many problems but Americans are fighting about what one does in their personal life. We get so engrossed in the “culture wars” that we totally forget the social policy is only one half of the story.

Though I must admit his post came of as kind of…odd to say the least. But if my suspicions prove to be correct I do believe Jishuin is from a different culture than western culture, so bear that in mind that there might be a cultural difference here. In some parts of the world social values never change (take Russia or China for example) but here in western countries our culture constantly evolves with changing times and circumstances. I can’t speak for them specifically, but it should be noted that people are not going to hold a value universally which might explain that post.

We in Russia, fortunately, do not have such acute racial problems. Slavery in Russia existed as the enslavement of some white people by other white people (serfdom). And these white-skinned serfs were separated from their families in the same way when they were sold, punished with whips, etc., like blacks in the USA. This slavery was abolished in Russia around the same period as in the United States, in 1861. Moreover, its cancellation was accompanied by unbearable exactions from the former serfs. The memory of the centuries of serfdom aroused not racial but social hatred. And after the revolution of 1917, the descendants of the serfs for some time achieved the "positive discrimination" that afroamericans are seeking in the United States. Nobles, landlords, whose ancestors owned serfs, were deprived of voting rights ("лишенцы"), and the descendants of serfs were given pre-emptive rights when entering universities. Since 1936, "positive discrimination" was canceled, it fulfilled its mission, was replaced by the principle "the son is not responsible for the father", the legal equality of citizens. Because the oppressors and the oppressed were white, the class struggle between them did not take on a racial connotation. There was discrimination against Jews in the tsarist empire, but after the revolution, the lifting of restrictions and secularization, they quickly assimilated. Perhaps the struggle for the rights of minorities in the United States is perceived in Russia as inflating secondary issues because of this difference in the history of the two countries. And, of course, because of the severity of problems with poverty and alienated labor, with the destruction of the system of social guarantees - these problems in poor countries are perceived as the most important, and other problems fade against their background.

The Dictatorship of the Catgirl of Feyrisshire

New Astri wrote:-snip-

There are confused takes here. Some people are correct in shelving away liberal idpol because it merely obfuscates. So the answer is from a Marxist POV - Marxist class analysis, everything is clearer with it. Do not focus too much on “race" - “race” is an unscientific concept. But nation is material reality.

Another wrong take is shoving all people of different nations, class and gender into an amorphous "working class". This is vulgar reductionism. So the correct way is to analyze people by their material conditions.

Blacks (Afrikans) and Latinos are disproportionately oppressed in Amerika through redlining, prison slavery, police brutality and lower wages than Whites. There is material oppression for women in the form of domestic abuse, lower wages, rape culture, and for LGBTQ+ in violence, gender oppression. This is material reality and class contradictions and not just “social problems”! Basically, you can see all of these through Marxist class analysis alone without resorting to liberal idpol! So the take of seeing the contradictions between nation, class and gender as imaginary constructs to divide an imaginary "working class" is absolutely wrong.

New Astri is correct that one cannot ignore culture (superstructure) in correcting material conditions. Culture comes from material conditions. Chauvinism (racism) comes from imperialism - as the cultural expression of exploitation of different nations of land and surplus labor. Misogyny, sexism, homophobia, transphobia came from patriarchy, which is strengthened and in turn, strengthens imperialism and capitalism and through patriarchal gender constructs oppressed genders are further exploited.

If for example, we change the mode of production but chauvinism and patriarchy remains, this two might result in the return of capitalism because the superstructure maintains the relations of production. In simpler words - if we discriminate Black people, women, LGBTQ+ but we pretend we are “socialist”, we give reason to exploit people resulting in the return of labor as a commodity (capitalist relation). So culture can change the economy, and why it is important to struggle against patriarchy and chauvinism - i.e the take that we can solve chauvinism and patriarchy by "focusing on economic problems" is vulgar.

The Dictatorship of the Catgirl of Feyrisshire

Another weird take here is that theory about questions of race (nation) and gender are created by White liberals and OG Marxism from Russia/China never cared until that White Western liberal from Tumblr came to teach them. Nothing could be further from the truth!

It was actually Marxists who are pioneers in analysis of race (nation) and gender in deconstructing them. Friedrich Engels wrote about the origins of patriarchy and the defeat of biological sex women in his book "Origins of Private Property, Family and State". This was in 1884 when women cannot vote or kept in the kitchen or whatever. Huey Newton, a Maoist, the founder of the Communist Black Panther Party in 1970 wrote perhaps one of the first manifestos in LGBT rights and said "Homosexual men are the most oppressed people". This was a year just before the Stonewall Riots and when the APA (American Psychiatric Association) had not yet removed homosexuality as a "mental disorder". I could add more, but you get the point.

If anything it was the liberals who were forced to take a progressive turn due to the militant revolt of the proletariat on such issues (Stonewall, Black Panthers). The US Civil Rights Movement was launched in part because the USSR (socialist country) was so good in promoting the rights of Black people (called Ne**oes at that time).

How about Third World Communists? You would be surprised at how progressive Third World Communists at such issues. See for example, Cuba a country that had retained Marxist-Leninist institutions on its progressive positions on LGBT+ rights, gender and marriage, and how the Communist Party of the Philippines (Maoist) on its positions on gender, LGBT+ rights and its legalizations of gay and lesbian marriage. If you think that Filipinos or Cubans are “White Westerners” that is your guess.

The PeopleDemocraticDictatorship of Socialist Republics of China

I just found out now that the technology level of this game virtual country can reach a particularly high level,this also shows that the productivity level of this virtual country cannot be very low. So is it not necessary for this virtual country to implement a socialist market economy to develop productive forces to adapt to more advanced production relations?(I think a socialist market economy is an effective and stable means of transitioning to single public ownership)

The PeopleDemocraticDictatorship of Socialist Republics of China

For example, the artificial intelligence of the virtual country of this game is quite advanced.

The Democratic People of New Yorken Empire

Socialist Republics of China wrote:For example, the artificial intelligence of the virtual country of this game is quite advanced.

ok AI's are the future!

The Free Land of Hecatie

Yknow Vicenti, i didnt spend my childhood being called racial slurs and my teenhood being called transphobic slurs for someone to just waltz in and say that there isnt a lot of racism nowadays because their circle of white people isnt racist.

Im begging you, see the world around you

The Rainbow Confederacy of UFROE

Socialist Republics of China wrote:For example, the artificial intelligence of the virtual country of this game is quite advanced.

Are we using the same nationstates?
How is this game advanced in any way? Literally decades old coding that's running it, and to be honest it's barely a game.

The Democratic People of New Yorken Empire

UFROE wrote:Are we using the same nationstates?
How is this game advanced in any way? Literally decades old coding that's running it, and to be honest it's barely a game.

...yea that's true

The Rainbow Confederacy of UFROE

New Yorken Empire wrote:...yea that's true

Most of the things there are to do regarding NationStates and it's communities were creates by the communities of the game
And if we didn't have any of that there'd be literally nothing to do, other than answer issues and endortate ig

The United Socialist States of 4D Donkeys

Montago wrote:
Great! When shall we have a meeting about it?

-Jann Kurs, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Montago.

Sorry for not replying because I was offline

Meet us, representatives from 4D Donkeys in the Central Soviet Building. The meeting will take place today night anytime.
- Michigan, Minister of Foreign Affairs of 4D Donkeys

The People's Republic of Costcanian

Comrades, I am finally out of school! Summer Vacation go brrrrrr...Daily Question 8

What you gonna do in summer vacation? (if your in summer vacation)

«12. . .19,04119,04219,04319,04419,04519,04619,047. . .19,19119,192»