NATION

PASSWORD

WA Delegate: The Nation of Timmy City (elected )

Founder: Imperospheric reclaimation

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most Influential: 135th Most World Assembly Endorsements: 167th Most Cultured: 209th+42
Most Rebellious Youth: 213th Largest Black Market: 248th Largest Publishing Industry: 272nd Highest Economic Output: 315th Most Subsidized Industry: 350th Highest Food Quality: 381st Highest Poor Incomes: 417th Most Popular Tourist Destinations: 440th Smartest Citizens: 450th Most Scientifically Advanced: 456th Highest Average Incomes: 481st Most Advanced Public Transport: 507th Lowest Crime Rates: 515th Healthiest Citizens: 519th Largest Governments: 521st Largest Information Technology Sector: 536th Most Developed: 555th Most Inclusive: 614th Most Advanced Public Education: 619th Longest Average Lifespans: 687th Most Beautiful Environments: 688th Nicest Citizens: 726th Most Extensive Public Healthcare: 828th Largest Manufacturing Sector: 836th Most Corrupt Governments: 866th Most Advanced Law Enforcement: 880th Highest Foreign Aid Spending: 934th Most Compassionate Citizens: 950th Largest Welfare Programs: 962nd Most Eco-Friendly Governments: 976th Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector: 1,019th Most Advanced Defense Forces: 1,038th Most Efficient Economies: 1,150th Highest Wealthy Incomes: 1,210th Highest Average Tax Rates: 1,244th Most Devout: 1,325th Largest Populations: 1,595th Most Nations: 1,645th Largest Furniture Restoration Industry: 1,676th Most Patriotic: 1,985th Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector: 2,233rd Most Valuable International Artwork: 2,373rd
World Factbook Entry

Head Administrator and Marshal of the Empire of Andrew: Socialist Republic of Andrew
Enforcer: The Orson Empire
WAD: Timmy City
Minister of Territorial Affairs and Homeland: Novo Wagondia
PLEASE BE SURE TO ENDORSE THE WA DELEGATE IF YOU ARE A WA NATION!
If you want to join the EOA, please telegram Socialist Republic of Andrew or WAD.
LinkOur map
Link(without borders)



Embassies: Sunalaya, United Empire of Islam, Astyria, Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions, Eladen, League of Christian Nations, U R N, The Species Alliance, The Dirt Alliance, The Meme Must Go On, The Bar on the corner of every region, Asiana, Avadam Inn, Dauiland, International Debating Area, Regionless, and 15 others.The United Islands of the Atlantic, Kingdom of Adonai, Barbaria, Northern Ocean, The Helysian Chasm, Fredonia, The Embassy, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, matheo, The Finntopian Region of DOOM, Putrajaya, Hollow Point, Chris puppet storage, DogeLand, and The Great Universe.

Tags: Capitalist, Casual, Democratic, FT: FTL, Founderless, Future Tech, Modern Tech, Password, Post-Modern Tech, Regional Government, Role Player, Small, and 2 others.Social, and Socialist.

Regional Power: Moderate

Empire of Andrew contains 10 nations, the 1,645th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Greatest Rich-Poor Divides in Empire of Andrew

Nations ranked highly have large gaps between the incomes of rich and poor citizens. Nations low on the list have high levels of income equality.

As a region, Empire of Andrew is ranked 11,365th in the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.

1.The Tsardom of Santa LucijaCapitalist Paradise“Qua Patet Orbis”
2.The Infinite Empire of Cybus1Father Knows Best State“Nos autem vitam et mortem.”
3.The Empire of Socialist Republic of AndrewInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Per fortitudinem ferro, victoriam propter fratrum”
4.The Democratic Republic of The Unified Nations of FeluciaCivil Rights Lovefest“Many hearts beating as one.”
5.The Imperio Constitucional of Novo WagondiaCivil Rights Lovefest“Sub cruce lumen”
6.The Nation of Timmy CityNew York Times Democracy“entrer et sortir constamment”
7.The Semi-Direct Democracy of OcearaInoffensive Centrist Democracy“People, Country, Wealth.”
8.The Democratic Union of Felucian Planetary RepublicCivil Rights Lovefest“Da pacem Domine sperantibus.”
9.The State of The Orson EmpireLeft-wing Utopia“Victory for Orson”
10.The Commonwealth of United Kingdom of PolandLeft-wing Utopia“Live and Let live”

Regional Happenings

More...

Empire of Andrew Regional Message Board

Messages

The Infinite Empire of Cybus1

The Orson Empire wrote:Kimaam Media Corporation

Kimaam Media Corporation (KMC) is the Orsonian public broadcaster for radio and television, headquartered in Aturo, New Guinea. KMC held a virtual monopoly over mass media in Orson until the 1970's, when private companies were permitted to compete. Nevertheless, KMC retains 70% market share in Orsonian mass media, and remains the dominant film distributor and publisher via Kimaam Central Studio. KMC is among the world's largest broadcasters and film studios, employing 75,000 people in 2021.

History

KMC was founded in 1889, originally as the Kimaam Théâtrophone Company. The théâtrophone ("theater phone") was first demonstrated by French inventor Clément Ader at the 1881 International Exposition of Electricity in Paris. It permitted theater and opera programs to be broadcast live over telephone lines, heard using headphones. Performances at the Paris Opera, located two kilometers away from the Exposition, were successfully broadcast for visitors using this technology, causing much excitement among Orsonian businessmen and engineers present, who began installing their own transmitters inside theaters across Orson.

Emperor Shoan Jackson and much of Orson's high society became enraptured with the technology. As his health gradually declined in old age, Shoan listened to performances from the comfort of the Imperial Palace, leading to théâtrophones becoming popular within the royal court. This motivated Shoan to establish the company via royal charter with a group of New Guinean investors; the company's name references Kimaam Island in Aturo. In exchange for Imperial funding and support, Kimaam would return 50% of all revenue back to the government, and all royal family members were granted free service. Over the following decade, théâtrophones spread widely across Orson, as Kimaam aggressively advertised them and rapidly dominated the market. Hotels, shops, clubs, and other venues purchased coin-operated receivers, where customers could pay to listen to a variety of programs and even early news broadcasts. Individuals purchased subscriptions to enjoy broadcasts in their home, but only upper class customers could afford the price.

In 1913, Kimaam Central Studio (KCS) was founded as a subsidiary. Its original purpose was to produce propaganda films supporting traditional Orsonian culture and Empress Alinta Jackson's reign, who had recently seized power in the 1911 coup and brought a violent end to the Palace Feud. During WW1, it created propaganda demonizing the Central Powers; post-war, it expanded into normal entertainment, with KCS films earning large box-office revenues and becoming a viable competitor to Hollywood.

In the 1920's, radio technology experienced an explosion in popularity worldwide, and was initially resisted by Kimaam executives due to their profitable monopoly over théâtrophones. Ultimately, changing consumer tastes forced the company to embrace radio or risk losing their market dominance. Théâtrophone subscriptions were suspended by 1933, and one year later, the company was reorganized into modern KMC, a fully state-owned enterprise. It was granted the sole right to broadcast radio (and later television) programs in Orson, allowing KMC to organize a nationwide network of radio stations. The first television channel, KMC 1, launched in 1938, and KCS introduced a television production division to create content.

In 1977, the Imperial Senate overturned KMC's broadcast monopoly, permitting private broadcasters to enter the market for the first time. Despite this, many Orsonians perceive the quality of private programming to be worse, and find advertisements intrusive. Combined with KMC being free to watch or listen, this has allowed the company to remain relevant well into the 21st century.

In 2009, KMC Online was launched as a streaming application available on the state-run Orsonian intranet (or Orsonet). It is now the common means for customers to watch television shows, with older cable services progressively being phased out.

Organization

As Orson's public broadcaster, KMC reports directly to the Imperial government. Its regular operations are overseen by a board of directors, whose Senior Director represents KMC in the Imperial Council. New directors are appointed with Council consent. KMC's core headquarters remain in Aturo, though it also holds an office in Ravenwood for more direct contact with government officials. KCS's national newsroom and studio are also located in Aturo.

KMC's funding primarily comes from taxes, overseas syndication, ticket sales, and merchandise sales. Advertisements on KMC programs are prohibited.

Television Channels

KMC 1: The first television channel in Orsonian history. It usually broadcasts highly acclaimed shows in the primetime slot, alongside soap operas, sitcoms, game shows, and other typical daytime programming.

KMC 2: Broadcasts 24-7 news from KCS's Aturo newsroom.

KMC 3: Broadcasts reruns of content from channel one, alongside late-night talk shows, reality TV, and comedy segments. Orson at Midnight is this channel's most popular program.

KMC Government: This channel is used for public service announcements and government propaganda. Programs glorifying aspects of Orsonian culture (such as traditional music and literature), military parades, and battle reports regarding the ongoing Third World War are common. Sessions of the Imperial Council are also broadcast live here.

KMC Children: Hosts a variety of content aimed at young children, including animation, movies, and educational shows.

KMC Educational: Broadcasts documentaries, historical programs, and art programs.

KMC Music: Broadcasts music videos and live performances of both popular and niche singers/bands. Entertainment focused on the music industry is also shown here.

KMC Sports: Airs content regarding a wide range of sports, from documentaries to live matches. This channel also broadcasts violent blood sports fully uncensored, generating international controversy, but impressive ratings domestically.

KMC Anime: Shows animated content primarily aimed at teenagers and adults. This channel includes both Japanese and Orsonian anime; due to a long history of excellent relations and cultural exchange, Japanese animated programming is highly regarded in Orson, and practically ubiquitous.

KMC World: Syndicates programming from international markets (especially the American market, due to friendly Orson-Timmian relations), some of which is in high demand. Examples include certain Wagain shows on MPP 1 or MPP Nova, and Cybusian Dark Deco shows from IWC Black.

KMC Movies: Broadcasts movies from the KCS catalogue, alongside international titles.

Excellent work Orson! I’m pleased to see yet another national broadcaster be added to the regional canon! I’m surprised a show as controversial as Orson At Midnight is actually government sponsored, but this is the Artuorist regime after all.
The IWC would be unwilling to syndicate any of their shows during the Imperial period, but would agree to such an arrangement after the Federalist regime is formed.

The State of The Orson Empire

Cybus1 wrote:Excellent work Orson! I’m pleased to see yet another national broadcaster be added to the regional canon! I’m surprised a show as controversial as Orson At Midnight is actually government sponsored, but this is the Artuorist regime after all.
The IWC would be unwilling to syndicate any of their shows during the Imperial period, but would agree to such an arrangement after the Federalist regime is formed.

Ahh, I see- I'm guessing any deal with MPP would probably be non-viable as well during that time period.

But thank you Cybus! To explain a bit about Orson at Midnight, it was originally just a normal late-night talk show in the early years. However, the hosts and producers started engaging in sensationalism over time, spreading wild conspiracy theories to gain more views and public notoriety. They ended up believing their own propaganda eventually, and much of the production crew became staunch Aturorists over time.

The State of The Orson Empire

Novo Wagondia wrote:Was messing around with the borderless EOA map today, and tried to replicate a concept I'd seen before on Reddit, where countries are shaded according to their position on the left-right spectrum. It's a fairly simplistic measure, and EOA politics can vary considerably from IRL, but I thought it would be an interesting thought experiment. The evaluation was made based on a number of factors, including the current political party in power, general economic policy, religiosity, and attitudes towards foreigners. Timmy's purple coloring is meant to convey neither right nor left, but a mixture of both (though if pressed I would lean towards center-right)

Political position of EOA countries, ca. 2022: https://i.imgur.com/G76r7cY.png

Interesting concept Novo!

However, I'm not sure Mamara is center-left. I believe the Sultan still wields quite a large amount of political power, and the Mamarans have engaged in numerous shady acts over the years (such as operating concentration camps, performing targeted assassinations, war crimes, etc.). Mamaran soldiers have ruthlessly crushed independence movements in their own territories, such as the Kurdish rebellion in the 1990's. Mamaran society also seems religiously conservative, with Islam and Orthodox Christianity remaining dominant.

I think the sheer chaos Orson has caused on the world stage for years might be distorting how other nations are viewed. I'd argue it would not take much for Mamara to become authoritarian like Orson, and Andres even shares some similar personality traits with Turner. Nevertheless, Mamara absolutely looks like a paradise compared to Orson. This obscures the evil present in Lucija's absolute monarchy or Formosa's corporatocracy (or even corrupt Timmian business dealings) on the world stage, while Orson takes the heat.

The Infinite Empire of Cybus1

The Orson Empire wrote:Interesting concept Novo!

However, I'm not sure Mamara is center-left. I believe the Sultan still wields quite a large amount of political power, and the Mamarans have engaged in numerous shady acts over the years (such as operating concentration camps, performing targeted assassinations, war crimes, etc.). Mamaran soldiers have ruthlessly crushed independence movements in their own territories, such as the Kurdish rebellion in the 1990's. Mamaran society also seems religiously conservative, with Islam and Orthodox Christianity remaining dominant.

I think the sheer chaos Orson has caused on the world stage for years might be distorting how other nations are viewed. I'd argue it would not take much for Mamara to become authoritarian like Orson, and Andres even shares some similar personality traits with Turner. Nevertheless, Mamara absolutely looks like a paradise compared to Orson. This obscures the evil present in Lucija's absolute monarchy or Formosa's corporatocracy (or even corrupt Timmian business dealings) on the world stage, while Orson takes the heat.

I’m inclined to agree, people overlooking “lesser evils” in the face of the more obvious and extreme threat of the Aturorists. In reality, many EOA nations have some totalitarian or corrupt qualities.

The State of The Orson Empire

Cybus1 wrote:I’m inclined to agree, people overlooking “lesser evils” in the face of the more obvious and extreme threat of the Aturorists. In reality, many EOA nations have some totalitarian or corrupt qualities.

Agreed.

To add further, Novo did state that Wagondia was an "empire run by art majors"- while that was a joke, I think there is some truth in it. Orson, Mamara, and Lucija are the "old-school Empires" like ancient Rome or China, and it shows in their ideology and culture.

The Imperio Constitucional of Novo Wagondia

The Orson Empire wrote:Agreed.

To add further, Novo did state that Wagondia was an "empire run by art majors"- while that was a joke, I think there is some truth in it. Orson, Mamara, and Lucija are the "old-school Empires" like ancient Rome or China, and it shows in their ideology and culture.

Haha, that's certainly true. Mamara, Lucija, and Orson are all classical empires which have been politically united for many centuries, often at the centre of their own cultural sphere. Wagondia, meanwhile, is much younger, having been founded by liberal revolutionaries and built by successive waves of immigration from many other parts of the world. It's a strange combination of anti-colonialism and monarchism, held together by a shared Latin culture and a Third-World identity (though of course Wagains wouldn't see it that way).

As for Mamara, I think you make a convincing argument. I've always viewed the Exalted Empire much like the Ottomans, with clear political/religious authority emanating from the Sultan, but alongside an elective parliament, extensive devolution of powers, and a fair amount of civil liberties. Economically, I also think of the Mamarans as fairly left-wing, with a generous welfare state and extensive nationalization of industry, though the same could be said for the Orsonians. The key difference between the two for me is openness to foreigners, with Orsonian society being considerably more xenophobic and traditionalist than Mamara seems to be.

The Democratic Republic of The Unified Nations of Felucia


EOA Corporate Registry
—Celebrating ten years of creative refinement—
Regional Gazetteer · Canon Timeline (WIP) · Canon Map (WIP)

Cybusian

Formosan

Mamaran

Orsonian

Lucijan

Timmian

Wagain

Malian

|
|
|
|
|
|

Carrington Industries (CI) is one of the most notable and influential organizations found within the Formosan Republic, having gained its popularity from the reveal of Null-Gravity Technology (commonly shortened down as Null-G Tech) in 1999 and its eventual implementation within the Formosan Automotive Industry in 2017. Founded by Daniel Carrington in 1978 from the former Research and Development branch of his late father's cryptography/computer research agency—Secure Development International (SDI)—the company was brought over to the Formosan Republic from Edinburgh, Scotland with the support of his cousin Alistair, who was a rising politician within Formosa at the time. Carrington's eventual discovery of the Maians in 1985 resulted in the creation of the Carrington Institute, which secretly worked on reverse-engineering Maian technology and eventually provided the then experimental Null-G Tech. Once corporate espionage was on the rise within the Formosan Republic in the 2010's, Carrington Industries and its subsidiaries began branching out into other industries within the nation; an event that also saw the establishment of the Covert Action Staff (CAS) as the military-grade security forces of the Carrington Institute in 2017. Following the Formosan Corporate Wars between 2020 and 2023, Carrington Industries aided in the establishment of formal relations between the Republic and the Maians; eventually being instrumental in the creation and operation of historic space-faring vessels such as the OSV Huygens and FIV Terra during the 2030's and 2050's.

|
|
|
|
|

Colossus Defense Engineering (CDE) is one of the largest and oldest shipwrights in existence, having operated since before the Orsonian Rebellion. Founded by Pytor Atlas, the company has built a reputation for its powerful and sturdy warships, which quickly gained the interest of Emperor Mercer in its early years and allowed it to become the primary shipyard for the Imperial Navy. It weathered the Rebellion well, earned a huge profit during the Great Reconquest, and remains the primary shipyard of the Imperial Navy to this day. The company is currently headed by Brad Atlas, and has since expanded into other sectors of the Cybusian Market, however their focus remains primarily on shipbuilding. Among their most well-known products are the Avenger Class Destroyer, Crow Class Dropship, the ancient Tesla Class Battleship (which had been introduced during the Rebellion), and its successor, the Forge Class Battleship. With the company expanding into other industries in recent years, their engineers have aided in the production of a multitude of Imperial Army and Marine vehicles. The most prominent examples of these products include the Knight Class Tank, Crusader Assault Striker, Rook Infantry Fighting Vehicle, and the mighty Linebreaker Heavy Assault Transport.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

PDC Wagondia Airlines is the largest passenger airline within the Wagain Empire, as well as the nation's flag carrier. It is the central entity within the PDC Wagondia Group, a crown corporation which operates more than a dozen aviation-related subsidiaries. Regional service is operated by several carriers under the brand name PDC Wagondia Fénix, while low-cost operations are marketed as PDC Wagondia Indígo. Overseas affiliates include Puertorriqueña de Aviación, the airship line Deutsche Luft-Wagondien, Malian flag carrier Isaberia, and the Mamaran budget carrier Pomegranate Air. Between its core divisions, Wagondia's flag carrier operates an extensive international and domestic network connecting more than 550 destinations in 105 countries. It operates out of 14 nationwide hubs, with Santa Catalina-Kubitschek International Airport being its largest. Easily identified by its toucan logo, the use of the word "cruzeiro" in its marketing and callsigns, and historic association with the crown, the airline is a cultural icon of modern Wagain life. The airline's heritage can be traced back to 1927, when Panair de Cruzeiro was founded as a Wagain subsidiary of German airline Deutsche Luft Hansa. With the outbreak of war with Germany in 1941, the company was nationalized and re-branded as PDC Wagondia, a name it remains to this day. It is the 15th oldest operating airline in the world, and 5th oldest in Wagondia itself (after Avianca, Aerolloyd Boliviano, Mexicana, and Varig Brasil). Alongside Avianca, Varig, and Panagra, it is considered one of the 'big four' major Wagain airlines. PDC Wagondia is one of the founding members of the Pepper Alliance, formed by some of the principal airlines in the Global South. It is the only Wagain airline with a 5-star rating from the UK-based airline reviewer Skytrax.


Read dispatch

With Novo's permission, I'll be working on a Corporate Registry that will hopefully serve as a fitting addition to the Regional Gazetteer and show off the notable companies that can be found throughout the EOA in a somewhat pleasing manner. As you can see in the dispatch above, I've listed off three companies from various nations as an example of what everything will look like when new entries are included (they'll be sorted alphabetically); with that said, Novo and I have agreed that it would be best to have everyone work on creating bios for their preferred companies so that any relevant information can be covered and so that I don't miss anything (this also means that CDE and PDC Wagondia's entries may be replaced down the line unless you guys are fine with them, Cybus and Novo).

The Infinite Empire of Cybus1

The Unified Nations of Felucia wrote:

EOA Corporate Registry
—Celebrating ten years of creative refinement—
Regional Gazetteer · Canon Timeline (WIP) · Canon Map (WIP)

Cybusian

Formosan

Mamaran

Orsonian

Lucijan

Timmian

Wagain

Malian

|
|
|
|
|
|

Carrington Industries (CI) is one of the most notable and influential organizations found within the Formosan Republic, having gained its popularity from the reveal of Null-Gravity Technology (commonly shortened down as Null-G Tech) in 1999 and its eventual implementation within the Formosan Automotive Industry in 2017. Founded by Daniel Carrington in 1978 from the former Research and Development branch of his late father's cryptography/computer research agency—Secure Development International (SDI)—the company was brought over to the Formosan Republic from Edinburgh, Scotland with the support of his cousin Alistair, who was a rising politician within Formosa at the time. Carrington's eventual discovery of the Maians in 1985 resulted in the creation of the Carrington Institute, which secretly worked on reverse-engineering Maian technology and eventually provided the then experimental Null-G Tech. Once corporate espionage was on the rise within the Formosan Republic in the 2010's, Carrington Industries and its subsidiaries began branching out into other industries within the nation; an event that also saw the establishment of the Covert Action Staff (CAS) as the military-grade security forces of the Carrington Institute in 2017. Following the Formosan Corporate Wars between 2020 and 2023, Carrington Industries aided in the establishment of formal relations between the Republic and the Maians; eventually being instrumental in the creation and operation of historic space-faring vessels such as the OSV Huygens and FIV Terra during the 2030's and 2050's.

|
|
|
|
|

Colossus Defense Engineering (CDE) is one of the largest and oldest shipwrights in existence, having operated since before the Orsonian Rebellion. Founded by Pytor Atlas, the company has built a reputation for its powerful and sturdy warships, which quickly gained the interest of Emperor Mercer in its early years and allowed it to become the primary shipyard for the Imperial Navy. It weathered the Rebellion well, earned a huge profit during the Great Reconquest, and remains the primary shipyard of the Imperial Navy to this day. The company is currently headed by Brad Atlas, and has since expanded into other sectors of the Cybusian Market, however their focus remains primarily on shipbuilding. Among their most well-known products are the Avenger Class Destroyer, Crow Class Dropship, the ancient Tesla Class Battleship (which had been introduced during the Rebellion), and its successor, the Forge Class Battleship. With the company expanding into other industries in recent years, their engineers have aided in the production of a multitude of Imperial Army and Marine vehicles. The most prominent examples of these products include the Knight Class Tank, Crusader Assault Striker, Rook Infantry Fighting Vehicle, and the mighty Linebreaker Heavy Assault Transport.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

PDC Wagondia Airlines is the largest passenger airline within the Wagain Empire, as well as the nation's flag carrier. It is the central entity within the PDC Wagondia Group, a crown corporation which operates more than a dozen aviation-related subsidiaries. Regional service is operated by several carriers under the brand name PDC Wagondia Fénix, while low-cost operations are marketed as PDC Wagondia Indígo. Overseas affiliates include Puertorriqueña de Aviación, the airship line Deutsche Luft-Wagondien, Malian flag carrier Isaberia, and the Mamaran budget carrier Pomegranate Air. Between its core divisions, Wagondia's flag carrier operates an extensive international and domestic network connecting more than 550 destinations in 105 countries. It operates out of 14 nationwide hubs, with Santa Catalina-Kubitschek International Airport being its largest. Easily identified by its toucan logo, the use of the word "cruzeiro" in its marketing and callsigns, and historic association with the crown, the airline is a cultural icon of modern Wagain life. The airline's heritage can be traced back to 1927, when Panair de Cruzeiro was founded as a Wagain subsidiary of German airline Deutsche Luft Hansa. With the outbreak of war with Germany in 1941, the company was nationalized and re-branded as PDC Wagondia, a name it remains to this day. It is the 15th oldest operating airline in the world, and 5th oldest in Wagondia itself (after Avianca, Aerolloyd Boliviano, Mexicana, and Varig Brasil). Alongside Avianca, Varig, and Panagra, it is considered one of the 'big four' major Wagain airlines. PDC Wagondia is one of the founding members of the Pepper Alliance, formed by some of the principal airlines in the Global South. It is the only Wagain airline with a 5-star rating from the UK-based airline reviewer Skytrax.


Read dispatch

With Novo's permission, I'll be working on a Corporate Registry that will hopefully serve as a fitting addition to the Regional Gazetteer and show off the notable companies that can be found throughout the EOA in a somewhat pleasing manner. As you can see in the dispatch above, I've listed off three companies from various nations as an example of what everything will look like when new entries are included (they'll be sorted alphabetically); with that said, Novo and I have agreed that it would be best to have everyone work on creating bios for their preferred companies so that any relevant information can be covered and so that I don't miss anything (this also means that CDE and PDC Wagondia's entries may be replaced down the line unless you guys are fine with them, Cybus and Novo).

Oooh, excellent work Fel! The colors are great, and the information is accurate and concisely but interestingly conveyed.

The Imperio Constitucional of Novo Wagondia

The Unified Nations of Felucia wrote:

EOA Corporate Registry
—Celebrating ten years of creative refinement—
Regional Gazetteer · Canon Timeline (WIP) · Canon Map (WIP)

Cybusian

Formosan

Mamaran

Orsonian

Lucijan

Timmian

Wagain

Malian

|
|
|
|
|
|

Carrington Industries (CI) is one of the most notable and influential organizations found within the Formosan Republic, having gained its popularity from the reveal of Null-Gravity Technology (commonly shortened down as Null-G Tech) in 1999 and its eventual implementation within the Formosan Automotive Industry in 2017. Founded by Daniel Carrington in 1978 from the former Research and Development branch of his late father's cryptography/computer research agency—Secure Development International (SDI)—the company was brought over to the Formosan Republic from Edinburgh, Scotland with the support of his cousin Alistair, who was a rising politician within Formosa at the time. Carrington's eventual discovery of the Maians in 1985 resulted in the creation of the Carrington Institute, which secretly worked on reverse-engineering Maian technology and eventually provided the then experimental Null-G Tech. Once corporate espionage was on the rise within the Formosan Republic in the 2010's, Carrington Industries and its subsidiaries began branching out into other industries within the nation; an event that also saw the establishment of the Covert Action Staff (CAS) as the military-grade security forces of the Carrington Institute in 2017. Following the Formosan Corporate Wars between 2020 and 2023, Carrington Industries aided in the establishment of formal relations between the Republic and the Maians; eventually being instrumental in the creation and operation of historic space-faring vessels such as the OSV Huygens and FIV Terra during the 2030's and 2050's.

|
|
|
|
|

Colossus Defense Engineering (CDE) is one of the largest and oldest shipwrights in existence, having operated since before the Orsonian Rebellion. Founded by Pytor Atlas, the company has built a reputation for its powerful and sturdy warships, which quickly gained the interest of Emperor Mercer in its early years and allowed it to become the primary shipyard for the Imperial Navy. It weathered the Rebellion well, earned a huge profit during the Great Reconquest, and remains the primary shipyard of the Imperial Navy to this day. The company is currently headed by Brad Atlas, and has since expanded into other sectors of the Cybusian Market, however their focus remains primarily on shipbuilding. Among their most well-known products are the Avenger Class Destroyer, Crow Class Dropship, the ancient Tesla Class Battleship (which had been introduced during the Rebellion), and its successor, the Forge Class Battleship. With the company expanding into other industries in recent years, their engineers have aided in the production of a multitude of Imperial Army and Marine vehicles. The most prominent examples of these products include the Knight Class Tank, Crusader Assault Striker, Rook Infantry Fighting Vehicle, and the mighty Linebreaker Heavy Assault Transport.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

PDC Wagondia Airlines is the largest passenger airline within the Wagain Empire, as well as the nation's flag carrier. It is the central entity within the PDC Wagondia Group, a crown corporation which operates more than a dozen aviation-related subsidiaries. Regional service is operated by several carriers under the brand name PDC Wagondia Fénix, while low-cost operations are marketed as PDC Wagondia Indígo. Overseas affiliates include Puertorriqueña de Aviación, the airship line Deutsche Luft-Wagondien, Malian flag carrier Isaberia, and the Mamaran budget carrier Pomegranate Air. Between its core divisions, Wagondia's flag carrier operates an extensive international and domestic network connecting more than 550 destinations in 105 countries. It operates out of 14 nationwide hubs, with Santa Catalina-Kubitschek International Airport being its largest. Easily identified by its toucan logo, the use of the word "cruzeiro" in its marketing and callsigns, and historic association with the crown, the airline is a cultural icon of modern Wagain life. The airline's heritage can be traced back to 1927, when Panair de Cruzeiro was founded as a Wagain subsidiary of German airline Deutsche Luft Hansa. With the outbreak of war with Germany in 1941, the company was nationalized and re-branded as PDC Wagondia, a name it remains to this day. It is the 15th oldest operating airline in the world, and 5th oldest in Wagondia itself (after Avianca, Aerolloyd Boliviano, Mexicana, and Varig Brasil). Alongside Avianca, Varig, and Panagra, it is considered one of the 'big four' major Wagain airlines. PDC Wagondia is one of the founding members of the Pepper Alliance, formed by some of the principal airlines in the Global South. It is the only Wagain airline with a 5-star rating from the UK-based airline reviewer Skytrax.


Read dispatch

With Novo's permission, I'll be working on a Corporate Registry that will hopefully serve as a fitting addition to the Regional Gazetteer and show off the notable companies that can be found throughout the EOA in a somewhat pleasing manner. As you can see in the dispatch above, I've listed off three companies from various nations as an example of what everything will look like when new entries are included (they'll be sorted alphabetically); with that said, Novo and I have agreed that it would be best to have everyone work on creating bios for their preferred companies so that any relevant information can be covered and so that I don't miss anything (this also means that CDE and PDC Wagondia's entries may be replaced down the line unless you guys are fine with them, Cybus and Novo).

Exceptional work, Fel! This will be an excellent resource for all of us, and I thank you for taking the initiative to collect this information and present it in such an attractive manner.

The State of The Orson Empire

The Unified Nations of Felucia wrote:

EOA Corporate Registry
—Celebrating ten years of creative refinement—
Regional Gazetteer · Canon Timeline (WIP) · Canon Map (WIP)

Cybusian

Formosan

Mamaran

Orsonian

Lucijan

Timmian

Wagain

Malian

|
|
|
|
|
|

Carrington Industries (CI) is one of the most notable and influential organizations found within the Formosan Republic, having gained its popularity from the reveal of Null-Gravity Technology (commonly shortened down as Null-G Tech) in 1999 and its eventual implementation within the Formosan Automotive Industry in 2017. Founded by Daniel Carrington in 1978 from the former Research and Development branch of his late father's cryptography/computer research agency—Secure Development International (SDI)—the company was brought over to the Formosan Republic from Edinburgh, Scotland with the support of his cousin Alistair, who was a rising politician within Formosa at the time. Carrington's eventual discovery of the Maians in 1985 resulted in the creation of the Carrington Institute, which secretly worked on reverse-engineering Maian technology and eventually provided the then experimental Null-G Tech. Once corporate espionage was on the rise within the Formosan Republic in the 2010's, Carrington Industries and its subsidiaries began branching out into other industries within the nation; an event that also saw the establishment of the Covert Action Staff (CAS) as the military-grade security forces of the Carrington Institute in 2017. Following the Formosan Corporate Wars between 2020 and 2023, Carrington Industries aided in the establishment of formal relations between the Republic and the Maians; eventually being instrumental in the creation and operation of historic space-faring vessels such as the OSV Huygens and FIV Terra during the 2030's and 2050's.

|
|
|
|
|

Colossus Defense Engineering (CDE) is one of the largest and oldest shipwrights in existence, having operated since before the Orsonian Rebellion. Founded by Pytor Atlas, the company has built a reputation for its powerful and sturdy warships, which quickly gained the interest of Emperor Mercer in its early years and allowed it to become the primary shipyard for the Imperial Navy. It weathered the Rebellion well, earned a huge profit during the Great Reconquest, and remains the primary shipyard of the Imperial Navy to this day. The company is currently headed by Brad Atlas, and has since expanded into other sectors of the Cybusian Market, however their focus remains primarily on shipbuilding. Among their most well-known products are the Avenger Class Destroyer, Crow Class Dropship, the ancient Tesla Class Battleship (which had been introduced during the Rebellion), and its successor, the Forge Class Battleship. With the company expanding into other industries in recent years, their engineers have aided in the production of a multitude of Imperial Army and Marine vehicles. The most prominent examples of these products include the Knight Class Tank, Crusader Assault Striker, Rook Infantry Fighting Vehicle, and the mighty Linebreaker Heavy Assault Transport.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

PDC Wagondia Airlines is the largest passenger airline within the Wagain Empire, as well as the nation's flag carrier. It is the central entity within the PDC Wagondia Group, a crown corporation which operates more than a dozen aviation-related subsidiaries. Regional service is operated by several carriers under the brand name PDC Wagondia Fénix, while low-cost operations are marketed as PDC Wagondia Indígo. Overseas affiliates include Puertorriqueña de Aviación, the airship line Deutsche Luft-Wagondien, Malian flag carrier Isaberia, and the Mamaran budget carrier Pomegranate Air. Between its core divisions, Wagondia's flag carrier operates an extensive international and domestic network connecting more than 550 destinations in 105 countries. It operates out of 14 nationwide hubs, with Santa Catalina-Kubitschek International Airport being its largest. Easily identified by its toucan logo, the use of the word "cruzeiro" in its marketing and callsigns, and historic association with the crown, the airline is a cultural icon of modern Wagain life. The airline's heritage can be traced back to 1927, when Panair de Cruzeiro was founded as a Wagain subsidiary of German airline Deutsche Luft Hansa. With the outbreak of war with Germany in 1941, the company was nationalized and re-branded as PDC Wagondia, a name it remains to this day. It is the 15th oldest operating airline in the world, and 5th oldest in Wagondia itself (after Avianca, Aerolloyd Boliviano, Mexicana, and Varig Brasil). Alongside Avianca, Varig, and Panagra, it is considered one of the 'big four' major Wagain airlines. PDC Wagondia is one of the founding members of the Pepper Alliance, formed by some of the principal airlines in the Global South. It is the only Wagain airline with a 5-star rating from the UK-based airline reviewer Skytrax.


Read dispatch

With Novo's permission, I'll be working on a Corporate Registry that will hopefully serve as a fitting addition to the Regional Gazetteer and show off the notable companies that can be found throughout the EOA in a somewhat pleasing manner. As you can see in the dispatch above, I've listed off three companies from various nations as an example of what everything will look like when new entries are included (they'll be sorted alphabetically); with that said, Novo and I have agreed that it would be best to have everyone work on creating bios for their preferred companies so that any relevant information can be covered and so that I don't miss anything (this also means that CDE and PDC Wagondia's entries may be replaced down the line unless you guys are fine with them, Cybus and Novo).

Great work! I agree that this is a useful resource, considering it can be hard to keep track of so many companies.

Forum View