NATION

PASSWORD

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .2,0442,0452,0462,0472,0482,0492,050. . .2,0602,061»
Messages

The United Elfhames of Gothryn

Gothryn wrote:i think phoenix throne mentioned it once

havent heard from him in a hot minute -

The United Kingdom of Western Weassey

Gothryn wrote:havent heard from him in a hot minute -

Lets do a satanic ritual and summon him

The United Elfhames of Gothryn

Western Weassey wrote:Lets do a satanic ritual and summon him

iwasjustgonnatelegramhim -

The United Kingdom of Western Weassey

Gothryn wrote:iwasjustgonnatelegramhim -

*Takes off robe*

The United Elfhames of Gothryn

Western Weassey wrote:*Takes off robe*

naw keep it its a good look

The Most Serene Republic of Michigan and The Lakes

I got bored with The neo-minoan league so I made a nation for my home state...mostly 'cause I had to use this divine flag design I made for it somewhere.

https://i.imgur.com/ZV8REFG.png

The Most Serene Republic of Michigan and The Lakes

How this nation is going to work....IDK yet. Gotta include some sort of organized labor alongside the oligarchic merchant leadership. It is Michigan after all, we do have the famous UAW. Socialist Merchant Republic? Paradoxical to say the least.

EDIT: The First issue for this nation is "Auto Industry Struggles Against Foreign Imports". Perfection.

The Democratic States of Error 404-No Nation Found

Michigan and The Lakes wrote:I got bored with The neo-minoan league so I made a nation for my home state...mostly 'cause I had to use this divine flag design I made for it somewhere.

https://i.imgur.com/ZV8REFG.png

Is that Michigan in the style of Venice?

The Most Serene Republic of Michigan and The Lakes

Error 404-No Nation Found wrote:Is that Michigan in the style of Venice?

Correct. If we ever get around to getting rid of our blue bedsheet, I'm legit going to submit the design. It incorporates most of our state symbols. Copper coloring for the floral designs and squares, the Isle Royale Greenstone, and even making the Fleur de Lys purple for the state wildflower.

Michigan and her lakes, Venice and her Lagoon.

The Constitutional Monarchy of The City-State of Amersstedt

Michigan and The Lakes wrote:I got bored with The neo-minoan league so I made a nation for my home state...mostly 'cause I had to use this divine flag design I made for it somewhere.

https://i.imgur.com/ZV8REFG.png

that looks really good

The Greater Ram Rajya of Hindu Ram Rajya

I am happy for the MoU between us!

The Most Serene Republic of Michigan and The Lakes

Michigan and The Lakes wrote:How this nation is going to work....IDK yet. Gotta include some sort of organized labor alongside the oligarchic merchant leadership. It is Michigan after all, we do have the famous UAW. Socialist Merchant Republic? Paradoxical to say the least.

EDIT: The First issue for this nation is "Auto Industry Struggles Against Foreign Imports". Perfection.

Snaps fingers 17 hours later

I have it!

In the early years of the republic after the dissolving of the Union, the Governor of Michigan ruled the state in an autocratic fashion, but later their powers were limited by the Promissory Oath, a pledge he had to take when elected. Retitled to the "Serene Gitchgumee" (Serene Huge Water, a corruption of the old Ojibwe name for the ferocious Lake Superior), powers were shared with the "Grand Council" and the other functioning bodies of the republic. The council composed of 2000 members taken from patrician families, so that in the words of Martin Ford, "[The Gitchgumi] could do nothing without the Grand Council and the Grand Council could do nothing without him".

Michigan follows mixed government model, combining monarchy in the Gitchgumee, aristocracy in the senate, republic of leading mercantile-industrial families in the major council, and a democracy in the Union.

The bedrock of the republic is the "Union of All Workers", colloquially known as The Union. Inheritors of the legacy of Michigan's famous "United Auto Workers", the Union has become a political institution that has extended its umbrella to most labor workers within the boundaries of the republic. All workers are guaranteed their labor rights, but only those who pay the large stipend to be a "Duespayer" become active members of the union, de facto true citizens of the republic. All duespayers are also stockholders in the companies they work for and partial co-owners of the ships that ply their trade (should the company have them). It is from the Union and its "Golden Book of Membership" that the Grand Council is selected. The 2000 tend to be from old Union families, Industrial Magnates, the descendants of the captains of industry, and political dynasties. The Union is an active legislative body, who's powers are to approve or veto the major measures of government undertaken by the Senate or the Madood (lit. corrupted anishinaabeg word for sweat lodge, the executive council.) Day-to-day laws are usually out of their power unless decided to be of "pan-national importance" by the Quarantine Court.

The Grand Council is the heart of the state, and the offices/bodies of state are elected from among its many members:

-The Senate The Senate originated as a select committee of sixty men, chosen by the Grand Council, to deliberate on decrees concerning taxation, commerce, foreign policy, and military operations, instead of the far larger, and more unwieldy, Grand Council. It also works along side six of the ogimaw (corrupted anishinaabeg word for chief) and the full college.

-The Quarantine Court Its name a reference to its etymological origin, the Court of Forty is basically the Supreme Court of the republic. They were also empowered to nominate candidates for the position of Gitchgumee. These forty are elected in their turn by nine electors who were nominated by the Union. After completing their primary role as the Gitchgumee's nominators, they remain in power alongside the Gitchgumee as the Judiciary, participating with the Senate in the state government and the legislative functions, which are often delegated to them by the Grand Council, in which the forty are members by law. The Quarantine Court is responsible for the approval and the scrutiny of new appointments to the Grand Council and the Senate but also preparation of draft laws concerning criminal justice and fiscal management.

-The Minor Council The Six Councilors alongside the Gitchgumee, serve both as advisors and partners, sharing and limiting their authority. The members of the Minor Council are elected by the Grand Council, and the chosen members are prohibited from refusing the election on heavy penalties. Their terms of office last for one year, followed by another year where they are prohibited from occupying the same office. The Gitchgumee is dependent on the assent of at least four councillors for his decisions to have force, and can not even open dispatches except in their presence, while conversely the Minor Council do not require the Gitchgumee's presence to act.

Alongside the three leading members of the Quarantine Court, the Gitchgumee and Minor Council form the Madood. The executive office of state. The Madood alongside the twelve Ogimaw (military and naval officers, high magistrates all chosen from the senate), constituted the Full College...the Cabinet of the Republic.

Read factbook

The United Kingdom of Western Weassey

Hindu Ram Rajya wrote:I am happy for the MoU between us!

same

The Most Serene Republic of Michigan and The Lakes

"A group of local motorists have assembled outside of City Hall to protest against the shoddy state of roads in Michigan and The Lakes."

Do issues take your nation's name into account...'cause this is once again perfection.

The Most Serene Republic of Michigan and The Lakes

"Following new legislation in Michigan and The Lakes, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews."

Can confirm.

Indomitable friendship

My best friend is exclusively straight (and I'm bi), but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to moderate my affection for him. I've known him for so long and he's the only person I genuinely love in this world. We're going to the strip club in a couple days to blow off steam, but I just want to cuddle and snuggle with him. He's like a brother to me, but there is more to how I feel than just that......

The Free Egalitarian Republic of Lysheim

Indomitable friendship wrote:My best friend is exclusively straight (and I'm bi), but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to moderate my affection for him. I've known him for so long and he's the only person I genuinely love in this world. We're going to the strip club in a couple days to blow off steam, but I just want to cuddle and snuggle with him. He's like a brother to me, but there is more to how I feel than just that......

First off, I feel that. I've been in that situation (the liking a straight guy who is my friend) before. It's hard and won't get easier. I wish there was a switch in my brain that I could flip so I only fell in love with people who could fall in love with me. But alas, there isn't; just another struggle that us queer people have to face. Just remember you're not alone.

Also remember that intimacy, both platonic and romantic, are allowed between male friends. Seeing as he's straight the romantic intimacy would not be an option but there is still platonic. Just make sure he's okay with it before. If that isn't good enough, and I know for me it wouldn't, you could always tell him how you feel. If you're as good friends as you say you are then he probably will take it really well, and who knows, maybe he's open to exploring his sexuality.

In the end, if none of this works, the only two options I know are as follows: be sad, lonely, depressed, and just really harsh on yourself, or you can go out and find another person to like (preferably someone who's sexuality is compatible with you). Now I won't brag but I am very good at the former LMAO, but I personally would choose option B.

But this is your life and not mine. The end choice is yours. Oh wait also, before I forget, you could take him to pride since it's almost June! Nothing brings out the gay in someone more than drag queens on floats and men in rainbow speedo's in the blazing hot sun.

Anyways good luck and keep being slay!

The Republic of Blue Narcissus the Movie

With some gay people youíre not good enough for them to fancy because youíre not straight. Thatís their problem, and it is a problem.

Post self-deleted by Indomitable friendship.

Indomitable friendship

Lysheim wrote:First off, I feel that. I've been in that situation (the liking a straight guy who is my friend) before. It's hard and won't get easier. I wish there was a switch in my brain that I could flip so I only fell in love with people who could fall in love with me. But alas, there isn't; just another struggle that us queer people have to face. Just remember you're not alone.

Also remember that intimacy, both platonic and romantic, are allowed between male friends. Seeing as he's straight the romantic intimacy would not be an option but there is still platonic. Just make sure he's okay with it before. If that isn't good enough, and I know for me it wouldn't, you could always tell him how you feel. If you're as good friends as you say you are then he probably will take it really well, and who knows, maybe he's open to exploring his sexuality.

In the end, if none of this works, the only two options I know are as follows: be sad, lonely, depressed, and just really harsh on yourself, or you can go out and find another person to like (preferably someone who's sexuality is compatible with you). Now I won't brag but I am very good at the former LMAO, but I personally would choose option B.

But this is your life and not mine. The end choice is yours. Oh wait also, before I forget, you could take him to pride since it's almost June! Nothing brings out the gay in someone more than drag queens on floats and men in rainbow speedo's in the blazing hot sun.

Anyways good luck and keep being slay!

Thank you, I appreciate the thoughtful post. I think I will try propositioning him for some platonic cuddling. I already made him start giving me hugs, but I love him for who he is and wouldn't want to change him.

Here's hoping we all meet someone special.

The United Kingdom of Western Weassey

I forgot to mention, yesterday was my anniversary with my boyfriend!

Homide and Indomitable friendship

The Most Serene Republic of Michigan and The Lakes

May you see many more!

The United Kingdom of Western Weassey

Michigan and The Lakes wrote:May you see many more!

hm?

The Most Serene Republic of Michigan and The Lakes

Western Weassey wrote:hm?

Many more anniversaries together.

The United Kingdom of Western Weassey

Michigan and The Lakes wrote:Many more anniversaries together.

oh yea, thank you! you forgot to quote it so I got confused XD

«12. . .2,0442,0452,0462,0472,0482,0492,050. . .2,0602,061»