The Sovereign States of Zvezdia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Урош Марковић with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, smutty television, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.455 billion Zvezdians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Poreklica. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Zvezdian economy, worth 86.9 trillion Zvezdian Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 25,152 Zvezdian Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, politicians look weirdly alike, and disability advocates are not amused that they are told to be dependent on Zvezdians's kindness. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zvezdia's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zvezdia's influence in Non Aligned Movement rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Zvezdia's influence in Non Aligned Movement rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Zvezdia's influence in Non Aligned Movement rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Zvezdia, disability advocates are not amused that they are told to be dependent on Zvezdians's kindness.
- : Following new legislation in Zvezdia, politicians look weirdly alike.
- : Following new legislation in Zvezdia, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population.
- : Zvezdia relocated from Ex Yugoslavia to Non Aligned Movement.
- : Zvezdia changed its national leader to "Урош Марковић".
- : Zvezdia's influence in Ex Yugoslavia rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Zvezdia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.