The Republic of Zuty is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 455 million Zutyians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.5%.
The very strong Zutyian economy, worth 26.8 trillion Zuns a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is 58,969 Zuns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 168,593 per year while the poor average 16,429, a ratio of 10.3 to 1.
The nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks, employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM, women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms, and the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zuty's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zuty relocated from The West Pacific to The Rejected Realms.
- : Zuty was ejected from The West Pacific by The Rather Queer Radio Manager of Blue Bubble.
- : Zuty was endorsed by The Militarist Kingdom of Hoile.
- : Zuty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Zuty was endorsed by The Inherent Magic of Overthinkers.
- : Zuty was endorsed by The Jewish Pacific State of Elianio.
- : Zuty was endorsed by The Blue Not Holy Confederation of Hongg Kong.
- : Zuty was endorsed by The Democratic People's Republic of Schmexxland.
- : Zuty's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Zuty was endorsed by The Crimson Kingdom of Westwind.
Endorsements Received: None.