The Democratic Republic of Zaporizhzhia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Vladimir Romanov with an even hand, and renowned for its avowedly heterosexual populace, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The devout population of 3.452 billion Zaporizhzhians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marienburg. The average income tax rate is 68.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Zaporizhzhian economy, worth 169 trillion Zaporizhzhian Rubles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,010 Zaporizhzhian Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pet rocks are sold by the pound, fishermen take out second mortgages to afford the yearly fishing permit, for the sake of 'public interest' news programs tell viewers how to home-make Sarin gas bombs, and politicians are often seen attending regional history classes at primary schools within their constituencies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zaporizhzhia's national animal is the White-tailed eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zaporizhzhia's influence in Europe rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Zaporizhzhia relocated from Lazarus to Europe.
- : Zaporizhzhia altered its national flag.
- : Zaporizhzhia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Zaporizhzhia ceased to exist in Europe.
- : Zaporizhzhia was endorsed by The Federation of Eski.
- : Zaporizhzhia was endorsed by The Empire of Uzbek Khan.
- : Zaporizhzhia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Kyrica.
- : Zaporizhzhia was endorsed by The Republic of Limburgvolk.
- : Zaporizhzhia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The Young Ur.