The Kingdom of Winterbreak is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, infamous sell-swords, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 343 million Winterbreakians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rose City. The average income tax rate is 21.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Winterbreakian economy, worth 36.3 trillion francs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 105,752 francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is illegal, drug lords often avoid prison time by teaching "chemistry" classes to underprivileged youth, the WBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, and the number of students attending university has reached a record high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Winterbreak's national animal is the stag, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Winterbreak was endorsed by The Dominion of MaPetiteFille.
- : Winterbreak was endorsed by The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
- : Winterbreak was endorsed by The Local Councilcratic Republic of Evinea.
- : Winterbreak was endorsed by The Republic of TescoPepsi.
- : Winterbreak was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Winterbreak, the number of students attending university has reached a record high.
- : Following new legislation in Winterbreak, the WBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Winterbreak, drug lords often avoid prison time by teaching "chemistry" classes to underprivileged youth.
- : Winterbreak was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in Winterbreak, euthanasia is illegal.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Beblahbleblo, Holota, Chernaya Zvezda, Ever Testing, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, ARIAPOLIS01, Yaravia, Tepertopia, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Aidenfieeld, Driodal, Bleakfoot, Eleuthelrium, Nowa Europa, Wehraboos, Asderst, Arscanesia, Sismite, Esterwood, Volaworand, Dupanda, Ebonhand, Great Lothian, Farengeto, Kringalia, Holy Free, Rhetiaa, Petea, Eggraria, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Taigama, Willing Mind, Sureiya, Nouvel Empire, Winlah, The Haughtherlands, TescoPepsi, Evinea, Altnavia, and MaPetiteFille.