The Democratic States of WhyNotRepublic is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by VALIS with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory vegetarianism, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.321 billion WhyNotRepublicians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Factuary. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78.3%.
The frighteningly efficient WhyNotRepublician economy, worth 195 trillion zeals a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 147,620 zeals, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
A cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary, government adverts say that twelve lashes a day keeps divine wrath at bay, and children aren't allowed to chew their pencils until they get home from school. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. WhyNotRepublic's national animal is the Theta-wave reader, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Gnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : WhyNotRepublic was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Trillius.
- : WhyNotRepublic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Civil Defence Siren".
- : WhyNotRepublic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Civil Defence Siren".
- : Following new legislation in WhyNotRepublic, children aren't allowed to chew their pencils until they get home from school.
- : Following new legislation in WhyNotRepublic, government adverts say that twelve lashes a day keeps divine wrath at bay.
- : Following new legislation in WhyNotRepublic, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary.
- : WhyNotRepublic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in WhyNotRepublic, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Following new legislation in WhyNotRepublic, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin.
- : Following new legislation in WhyNotRepublic, women no longer need to pepper conversations with incessant references to fictitious husbands.
Endorsements Received: 139 » Territorio di Nessuno, El Fiji Grande, Ethnon, Corfad, Notyoutopia, Siwale, Shin-Hachioji, Shibutani, Yaorozu, PlanetPunk, Yarecir, Malta Comino Gozo, Dar es Saalam, United Draconia, Amauri, Mzeusia, Koda-Land, Q w e r t y, New Pruessen, Sunto, Sundred, Wilkshire, Bayern-Straubing, THX1138, Atain, The Iron Lions, Rosewood-, Holy Oranz, Abject Ludicrosity, Buckerino, Shadowrik, The United States of Romania, Sil Dorsett, The Rhein States, Wineclaw, Zeternia, Kwaj, Selfgradatude, Pallaith, Jasminlandia, Racoda, Jpia, Moubarakistan, Great Bights Mum, Sanjurika, Babacar, Snoodum, New Bremerton, Lunallian, Frances Francis the First of France, and 89 others.Spartoptia, Victoriaans Nederlands, Newpromisedland, Universal State Formula, Former English Colony, General COE, SORT, Niradans, Humptalumpta, Sinelona, United Kahndaq, Californian Redwood, Uganda Knuckles UK, Vincone Cae, North Bratislava, Maovale, Kasazzastan, Papika, New Lakemba, Cloydicia, Highton Islands, Unsophisticate, Sakaryata, Agrauron, Atomic Industry Islands, Diodone, Federation Terra Australis, Gladio II, Napnomadia, Sheldanada, Bearical, Palisede, Abiswashyo-bhumi, United North American, Stat Artha, Omnistria, Australiland, Hong Kong Empire, Black Templares, SillyString, Empy, Xentherida, The Pantheons, Yukti, Ka Ching, Dreadton, Ninjak30, Outer Egorniand, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Guer Aike, The Windmilluminati, Ethereal Expanse, Pasargad, The Black Cathedral, Alunya, Ozstan, Steraz, Ainsworth, The Sinclarian Provinces, Kyrianian, Justanistan, Suicidistan, 1 very fast endotarter, Artemizistan, SchoolHouse Rock, Votak Matim, Ofemerica, Egalico, Tappan Hills, Solmetria, Maott, Joodey, Guslantis, Ara Antrizuls, Balimut, Kirostan, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Ibiscaton, VarDrade, IsiMUd, Saturns Edge, Misuvelia, Peldorn, Steampunk Ariel, Zemnaya Svoboda, Plangainer, Soviet Terran, and Trillius.