The Federation of West Whale is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, national health service, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 383 million Westwhelsh are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nilene. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.6%.
The powerhouse Westwhelsh economy, worth 31.8 trillion dorsals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Retail, Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 83,084 dorsals, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 289,497 per year while the poor average 17,360, a ratio of 16.7 to 1.
Concert halls sport signs proclaiming "No Shorts, Sandals or Swastikas", wedding bands come in pairs to form wedding manacles, janitors and factory workers are often better educated than the bosses they work for, and the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. West Whale's national animal is the whale, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : West Whale was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Following new legislation in West Whale, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
- : Following new legislation in West Whale, janitors and factory workers are often better educated than the bosses they work for.
- : Following new legislation in West Whale, wedding bands come in pairs to form wedding manacles.
- : Following new legislation in West Whale, concert halls sport signs proclaiming "No Shorts, Sandals or Swastikas".
- : Following new legislation in West Whale, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote.
- : West Whale was endorsed by The Empire of Porymonia.
- : Following new legislation in West Whale, among slaves 'bastard' is an honorific rather than an insult.
- : Following new legislation in West Whale, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- : West Whale endorsed The Kingdom of Northern Bucovina.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Valentian Elysium, Republic of Karskarovyt, Solarampa, Tills, Recon Island, Northern Nivaria, Caldorado, Bumrum, Wysrod, A Country Run by Scientists, New Fania, United East Republics, Krystalveil, Starrden, Sovieka, Tamsalin, Mat She, Athontia, Kuriko, The Pipiles, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Traico, Lesbi, Ao Kuang, Terra Royaume, Eames, Xemja, Streinct, Drewish, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Itic, Evertopia, Ehrgeizig, Greenmont Federation, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Leprechaun Gold, Dustwind, United North American Islands, Anisopterra, Vivolkha, The Pizza, Nooooooooooooooo, Kachikawawa, The Republic of Osea, Waitiki, Namakan, Wakanchi, and 11 others.Point Comfort Colony, Neojinkotsu, Nogalacia, Liberdon, Solsevara, Intec C, Nemohsis, Bortheria, City of Saint Nicolas, Northern Bucovina, and Porymonia.