The Democratic Republic of West Lorskia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Kasen Vullen with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The quiet, industrious population of 5.533 billion West Lorskians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Clasos. The average income tax rate is 46.5%.
The frighteningly efficient West Lorskian economy, worth 546 trillion Lorskian Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,792 Lorskian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
The installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Kasen Vullen to meetings with foreign heads of state, tourists are forbidden to enter Native West Lorskian lands, and politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. West Lorskia's national animal is the squid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : West Lorskia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : West Lorskia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : West Lorskia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Audioslavia".
- : West Lorskia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Data Protection Accord"".
- : West Lorskia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : West Lorskia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : West Lorskia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : West Lorskia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : West Lorskia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : West Lorskia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Most Influential, Most Beautiful Environments, Smartest Citizens, and Most Stationary.
Endorsements Received: None.