The Empire of Watora is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its digital currency, national health service, and smutty television. The compassionate population of 445 million Watorans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 36.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Watoran economy, worth 24.3 trillion Zols a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 54,628 Zols, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs, public intoxication has decreased ever since fraternities were banned, and the Watoran Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Watora's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Watora was endorsed by The Republic of Republic of Karskarovyt.
- : Watora was endorsed by The Free Land of Great Ranges.
- : Watora was endorsed by The Dominion of United North American Islands.
- : Watora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Watora, the Watoran Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Watora, public intoxication has decreased ever since fraternities were banned.
- : Following new legislation in Watora, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs.
- : Following new legislation in Watora, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Following new legislation in Watora, the government is under the thumb of countless special interests.
- : Watora voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
Endorsements Received: 85 » The Soylent Green Party, Kuriko, Anisopterra, Great Virgin, Lower Phlebacite, Blogotopia, Zeganas, Dustwind, Chip Skylark, Old Atlantica, The African Emirates, Kebecois, Northern African Sahara, Yakkandiania, Iontan, Auroma, Slaytania, Datland, Palman, Wysrod, New Fania, Glacieri, Krystalveil, Republic of Nutella, The Biggles Syndicate, Karlando, Valentian Elysium, Seranis, Maalemzya, New Dracora, Anollasia, Ascended Union, QuazaFire, New Udonia, Seantonia, Mastodonia, Isentran, Eist, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Northern Nivaria, Creeptopia, Old Tryst, Jimjam Goober, Maxem, Xeknos, Vivolkha, Better Indonesia, Lamborghini Murcielago, BRVTOPIA, Graemania, and 35 others.Evertopia, Nea Portucale, Niralands, Hakomainen, Arctic Coalition, Zuleit, Martunra, Dzurvia, Lichtreich, True Mans, Samonaemia, South Orwelland, Rahatalia, Grungerock, Achiotopia, Randopian, Grimmywelsh, Sphealstan, Daerou, Margaux, Neojinkotsu, Ishkabibber, The Republic of Osea, Ao Kuang, Xemja, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Snakeden, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Ehrgeizig, Lunador, Juiulia, United North American Islands, Great Ranges, and Republic of Karskarovyt.