The Federation of Wanabe is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Papewaio with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, humorless population of 7.436 billion Wanabeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 8.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wanabean economy, worth a remarkable 1,488 trillion talegoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 200,190 talegoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents, wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads, and there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation. Crime is totally unknown. Wanabe's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents.
- : Wanabe was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, the banshee wail foretells skies of death.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, boys who take just one date to the high school prom are called 'losers'.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, patriotic citizens simply tend to applaud rather than sing the nation's praises.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, the government's economic policy is "sort it yourself".
Endorsements Received: 89 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Asendavia, Brotherland, ReeK, Am Echad, H-Zhena, Kangarawa, Wiranath, CopyCato, Mastariere, Peryn, Dark Edgyness, Hizuru, Socialist Holy American Empire, British Calradia, Squid Ruinosa, Eagas, Neruch, Republic of Berzerkistan, United China Nation, Rhealaliit, VW53Aland, Axdel, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, BearStackof2015, Kilkire, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Libertanny, Grossvietnam, Liberstankonia, Pekweng, La xinga, Adolanta, Servants of Gizmo, Marrabuk, Kyrloth, Dragons Blood, Martonica, Amjedia, The Militarius Imperium, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, Ridann, Pakitsk, Zukchiva, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Todd McCloud, Republic of New India, and 39 others.Fellon, Tretrid, Schrebia, Freedomindia, Greater New Cassandra, Merlovich, Ripsylvania, Rohanland, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Azureano, Rage Mage, San Castillo, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Yossito II, Raunch, Sovietsoyuz, A mean old man, Centrical Union, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Ephem, Halaethaed Commune, Modra, Azakhuland, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, Layngderfleethe, and Neue Leipzig.