The Democratic Republic of WaddleDaddle is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its lack of airports, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 198 million WaddleDaddleans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Welfare, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 55.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped WaddleDaddlean economy, worth 6.19 trillion Umbrellas a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 31,252 Umbrellas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, and badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. WaddleDaddle's national animal is the Floater, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : WaddleDaddle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in WaddleDaddle, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- : Following new legislation in WaddleDaddle, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region.
- : Following new legislation in WaddleDaddle, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service.
- : Following new legislation in WaddleDaddle, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in WaddleDaddle, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : WaddleDaddle was endorsed by The Purple nation of Aerilia.
- : WaddleDaddle was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Norvayopia.
- : WaddleDaddle was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Torakuen.
- : WaddleDaddle was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Trillius.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Alunya, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Omnistria, Territorio di Nessuno, Ninjak30, Napnomadia, Corfad, Sundred, Great Bights Mum, Egalico, Shadowrik, Dreadton, Axstahl, United Draconia, Dar es Saalam, Koda-Land, El Fiji Grande, North Bratislava, Kwaj, Sinelona, Uganda Knuckles UK, Notyoutopia, Tappan Hills, Papika, Cloydicia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, The Black Cathedral, Solmetria, Shibutani, Ainsworth, Shin-Hachioji, Joodey, Kasazzastan, Maovale, Bayern-Straubing, Sheldanada, Pasargad, Ozstan, Acrabinnia, Newpromisedland, Sea Ghost, Selfgradatude, Frances Francis the First of France, Sil Dorsett, Federation Terra Australis, SchoolHouse Rock, Unsophisticate, Holy Oranz, Black Templares, and 47 others.Sunto, THX1138, Gladio II, Q w e r t y, New Bremerton, Guslantis, Pallaith, Mzeusia, The United States of Romania, Niradans, Ostrinios, Spartoptia, Buckerino, Ara Antrizuls, Beautifil Russia of The Future, Malta Comino Gozo, New Pruessen, Sanjurika, Lunallian, PlanetPunk, Kirostan, Maott, The Notorious Mad Jack, Steraz, Novare Res, Racoda, Agrauron, Ibiscaton, Guer Aike, The Iron Lions, VarDrade, IsiMUd, Wilkshire, Saturns Edge, Siwale, SillyString, Wineclaw, Jasminlandia, Peldorn, Steampunk Ariel, Zemnaya Svoboda, Plangainer, Ethnon, Trillius, Torakuen, Norvayopia, and Aerilia.