The Chaos of Virq is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Overseer Vir with an even hand, and renowned for its closed borders, public floggings, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.089 billion Ur-Virqis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Defense, Social Policy, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Administration and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gehenna. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.1%.
The strong Ur-Virqi economy, worth 56.9 trillion Qrivs a year, is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 52,231 Qrivs, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 214,210 per year while the poor average 8,412, a ratio of 25.5 to 1.
Airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory, Nothingness has been named as Virq's national religion, people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size, and sneezing pedestrians are grabbed by alley-lurking doctors. Crime is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Virq's national animal is the Hellhound, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Nothingness.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Virq's influence in Neptunia rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Virq's influence in Neptunia rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Virq's influence in Neptunia rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Virq's influence in Neptunia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Virq's influence in Neptunia rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Virq, sneezing pedestrians are grabbed by alley-lurking doctors.
- : Following new legislation in Virq, people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size.
- : Virq changed its national faith to "Nothingness".
- : Following new legislation in Virq, Nothingness has been named as Virq's national religion.
- : Virq relocated from The North Pacific to Neptunia.