|Leader||President Kristian Dowdall|
The Federal Republic of Villaing is a huge, genial nation, ruled by President Kristian Dowdall with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate population of 934 million Villaingians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Telross City. The average income tax rate is 56.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Villaingian economy, worth 107 trillion pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,260 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Villaing, the wealthiest parts of the country receive the most government spending, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Villaing's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Villaing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, the wealthiest parts of the country receive the most government spending.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Villaing.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Villaing voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Villaing was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, kindergarten teachers with ankle-bracelets are closely supervised by their parole officers.
- : Following new legislation in Villaing, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
Endorsements Received: 51 » The States of Texas and Arkansas, The Seven Provinces, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, The Champions League, Invernessia, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Irminsulia, Walfo, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, Elisabethshagen, Dark Matter, Jim the Baptist, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Someseni, An Clar, Destyntine, Prussian-Union, Mons Graupius, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Shaor, North of Americas, Meropis, Rivierenland, Gor Kebab, Crestphalia, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, Viktorias, Leranditale, Kanokla, Nardin, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Brakanistan, Mynox, Continental Social Democrats, and 1 other.Wombelland.