The United Socialist States of Vasilism is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, avowedly heterosexual populace, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 768 million Vasilismians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 71.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Vasilismian economy, worth 75.4 trillion Vasils a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 98,114 Vasils, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is under martial law, diplomats shake hands with their right and hide a poison dagger in their left, commemoration of the Great the West Pacific War costs almost as much as the war itself, and it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vasilism's national animal is the Moose, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vasilism was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Vasilism, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Vasilism, commemoration of the Great the West Pacific War costs almost as much as the war itself.
- : Following new legislation in Vasilism, diplomats shake hands with their right and hide a poison dagger in their left.
- : Following new legislation in Vasilism, the nation is under martial law.
- : Following new legislation in Vasilism, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office.
- : Vasilism voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn This Game".
- : Vasilism voted for The Rose Commune of Caelapes in Round 1 of the election.
- : Following new legislation in Vasilism, withdrawal of support for drug addicts is leaving many with cold sweats.
- : Following new legislation in Vasilism, Tom and Jerry cartoons have cat and mouse resolving their problems with reasoned discussion.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Bran Astor, Dalimbar, Varstov, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Fujai, Saint Philip and Laurence, United States of Northern America, Psikuta, Sindria, Condonohia, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, Mathematania, Big Bad Badger, Atheist States of Philippines, Kiensu, and Eiriann.