The Dark Sun Empire of Varhemia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Ocultia with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.098 billion Varhemians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dust City. The average income tax rate is 88.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Varhemian economy, worth 517 trillion Varns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 101,510 Varns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mandatory daycare is provided by the government, EULAs remind customers that "Private Mode" is a browser setting rather than a promise, school history books often refer to Empress Ocultia as "that imperialist pig dog", and Varhemian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Varhemia's national animal is the Sparrow, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Universal Paganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Varhemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Varhemia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Varhemia was endorsed by The Enlightened State of Zidium.
- : Varhemia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Varhemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Voice of ARB".
- : Varhemia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : Varhemia was endorsed by The Republic of Dravida India.
- : Varhemia was endorsed by The Free Land of Veterans Association.
- : Varhemia was endorsed by The Tsardom of Nadarena.
- : Varhemia was endorsed by The Feudal Industrial Dominion of Kingdom of Hapsteld.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Aivintis, Debluu, Aquyia, VW53Aland, A mean old man, Axdel, Hizuru, 3 14159265358979323846264, A Slanted Black Stripe, Abtracnt, Fellon, Brotherland, New Leganes, Asendavia, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, Enlil, Dragons Blood, The Three States of Fortuna, Evrigenis, Agave, Rikos Isles, Sandboxford, Mardom, Nevertopia, Tassirion, The Marlands, Merlovich, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Land of Corporations, Pakitsk, Modra, Isole Ionie, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Pledonia, Wiranath, Adavan, Empire of Dabiristan, Ridann, A Guy from Some Place, Santa Dystopia, Myehn, The Holy Rat, United Citizens, Kingdom of Hapsteld, Veterans Association, Dravida India, and Zidium.