The Free Lands of Vancouvia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 12.873 billion Vancouvians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vesuvius. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Vancouvian economy, worth a remarkable 2,798 trillion coves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 217,361 coves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens, the Party has more splits than a yo-yo dieter's trousers, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children, and Leader's Twitcher account is typically used to share wild cow memes rather than government policy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vancouvia's national animal is the wild cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Vancouvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Flatwood.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The United States of Dravidista.
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Vancouvia ejected and banned The Commonwealth of Iceland242 from The Western Isles.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Union of Thromsa.
- : Vancouvia was endorsed by The Grand Empire of Draxdonia.
- : Vancouvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
Endorsements Received: 59 » Verdon, Linaviar, Domanania, Ostehaar, Miklania, Xrevaro, Athara Magarat, Keomora, Corindia, Central Deimos, Noronica, Michigonia, Frencin, San Jimenez, Murab, San Montagna, Townside, Chasia, Aruia, Orsandia, United Bilenia, Cosie, Roendavar, Shadolio, Dragao do Mar, Dothrakia, Almorea, Razzgriz, Nezaeva, Asthuria, Brulafi, Nhoor, Martenyika, Aizcona, The Aziran Islands, Havalland, Biaten, Craiglang, Remodio, Khoreshis, Alteran Republics, Northern Scandinavian Islands, Shanzie, Segentova, Solaryia, Dzigerski, Vijayarajya, Seneica, Serpens Land, Equilar, and 9 others.Dragon Blade, Sewochia, Jorgelend, Fennoscandia Union, North Fulshear, New Gibello, Draxdonia, Thromsa, and Flatwood.
WA update pending: Nation has 60 verified endorsements.