The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, national health service, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 21.917 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 3,979 trillion euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 181,550 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy, and there's a bright dawn ahead for Valrem. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Valrem's influence in Europe rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Valrem changed its national currency to "euro".
- : Valrem relocated from Lazarus to Europe.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, there's a bright dawn ahead for Valrem.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop.
- : Valrem was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Valrem ceased to exist in Europe.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Federation of Rijlands.